Are these from a bristle worm?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SandJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2015
Messages
1,169
Reaction score
2,016
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish laid eggs for the first time a couple days ago. They are awesome parents and she tends to the eggs as much as he does. And she is VERY protective over the eggs.

This morning I noticed what looked like bristles all around her mouth.

Does that appear to be what they are?

And if so, I am assuming there is no treatment, that they will eventually come out?

She is still able to eat.

Sorry for the pic but that is the best I could get...
IMG_4215.JPG
 
that's what I thought. It will be leaving the tank tonight.
 
Poor Clown :(
I have never seen that but maybe some on the squad can point out what to expect or to do.








#reefsquad
 
Yes that looks like the clown went up against a bristle worm. My female clown's entire face and eyes had bristle embedded after she tried to take a bristle worm on. I actually thought it was going to be fatal, but she recovered fully within 3 days.
 
Agree. Looks like a bristle worm encounter. They will come out on their own. Just keep an eye on her until then.
 
Did you ever get the bristle worm out of your tank? I just got some chaeto and dig a bunch of bristleworms out of it. Stuck in a quarantine tank but thinking I will probably ly throw it in the trash!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new