Are these montis encrusting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JosephM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
1,561
Reaction score
993
Location
Lincolnton
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these in a live sale and I don’t know if they’re encrusting or the other type (I forgot what it’s called)
One is a teal crush monti -
1614449267155.png

The other is a purple haze monti -
1614449287801.png

Here’s what they look like in my tank right now. I just got them yesterday so they’re on the bottom and I’ll slowly work then up in the next couple weeks
725D9819-ABB7-43DD-846D-90E0B8D4FACD.jpeg
 
The purple haze monti is an encrusting type and will kill everything in its path once it starts covering a rock so best advice is don't place near any Acros or slow growing hard corals.
 
The purple haze monti is an encrusting type and will kill everything in its path once it starts covering a rock so best advice is don't place near any Acros or slow growing hard corals.
Sweet, thank you for letting me know, I’ll be careful. How about the other one?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new