vlangel
Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Excellence Award
Reef Tank 365
3RMAS Member
ThreadOfTheDay
Article Contributor
ThreadAward
My Tank Thread
My Aquarium Showcase
This morning I am doing my Monday morning WC but of course I decide that my short tentacled torch now needs to be moved to the opposite side of the tank. After all don't we need a torch on both sides for symmetry? It was torch heavy on the left with both torches there! O and then there is the ' I have to cover up every little bit of LR that I can see' syndrome. Never mind that one of my rocks looks like a petrified clam and is really cool just by itself. I am constantly tweaking this, moving that, planning what I still need to buy to make the tank perfect. That is the crux of my thoughts today. Why do we always feel our tanks are still incomplete? It seems to be our nature as aquarists to never be satisfied with how our tanks look. Today I stopped and just looked at my tank and thought to myself, "ya know, it is great just the way it is!". I am going to make a conscious effort to enjoy it right now and resist the temptation to think it needs this or that to make it perfect. And tomorrow I will probably go out and buy a new coral! LOL