Are you a Male or Female reefer? (poll)

• Total voters

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm female and have had a tank for 5 years. Much to my amusement, I have been mistaken for a male many times on Reef2Reef.

haleyf1024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im suprised that its more men. Since when do we have more interest in delicate things ????????

I have been told it is because men are naturally more competitive and want to get their tanks to be the "best" and be able to show it off, and build their own things. Thats what I was told by a male LFS worker lol. Edit: wow, didn't realize your comment was from 2012[emoji23]

Last edited:

Lbfnp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female checking in. there are over 50 female reefer in the Phoenix area and they are a great group

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been "fishing" for 30 years, off and on. I had freshwater for many years, then quite when I got so busy with the kids. Then I got into saltwater. For many years the only people I knew that were into fish were females, so I thought this was a "girl thing". I was very surprised to see that I am a minority! :squigglemouth:

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been "fishing" for 30 years, off and on. I had freshwater for many years, then quite when I got so busy with the kids. Then I got into saltwater. For many years the only people I knew that were into fish were females, so I thought this was a "girl thing". I was very surprised to see that I am a minority.

Lbfnp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there are more females than what is showing here. Like I said there are 53 on our girls forum in Phoenix area. Most only get on the national forums to do research and when they have time. But I love my saltwater tanks, 350g and 105g.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%

Back