Are you a Male or Female reefer? (poll)

Are you a Male or Female reefer? (poll)

• Total voters

Chrissy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female reefer here, with 2 fish rooms. One that holds my 5 reef tanks and one next to it that has a sink, sump, and all of the messy stuff that goes with the tanks that I call my office. lol

scoobysnack77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should start a reefers dating site because nothing is more attractive than building a tank with a woman who is into reefing like we all are. or just going to frag swaps together :) i personally think a female reefer is a sign of intelligence and patience because we all know how much reefing requires those attributes

Summer4infinity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another chick here!
175 full reef
30 micro reef
30 cold water reef
5 mini clown and zoa tank
Shared projects with the hubby, he is chemistry and engineering, I do sociology and architecture (meaning he does water testing and plumbing, I do coral and fish)

A fellow coldwater reefer! I would love to see pics of your cold tank some time. Not very many of us around! [emoji4]

Summer4infinity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! Coldwater seems to have a bad name in the reefing world. But some of those fish are just sweet!

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1427933158.681935.jpg

I agree! These two are my babies!! I don't have a "warm" fish yet that can hold a candle to the Sailfin Sculpins looks and personality. Hoping to get some grunts and some lumpies someday too. :)

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1427933158.681935.jpg

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not much in my cold tank right now, I have a specific list of fish and am having a lot of trouble getting them. Not a lot of sources for cold water fish in Canada.

Sculpins were not on my list, but I see them in everyone's tanks. It would require a whole rethink for me. Might be worthwhile. I keep hearing they are awesome.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Female, Mother, Grand mother, sister...I'm a Nana! Even with the name NanaReefer I too get referred to as He. Go figure-lol.
Nana it says your from the UP
Any chance from my old neck of the woods and where I will be going back to
Ironwood?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a good friend that lived in Marquette for many years. Jim Flinn who was a DJ in Marquette for a while after getting out of the Air Force. He's down in Door County now.
I was born and raised in Ironwood with my grandmother. When I was 12 I was moved down to Chicago. Lef there when I was 18. I only have a Aunt up there now. But ( I'm in Milwaukee now) we go up there at least twice a year and fish on Lac du Flambeau.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish this hobby was like going to a club and a 3 to 1 women to men ratio. I haven't met any female reefers as of yet, but I have my fingers crossed that someday I'll meet one and we can stare at each others reef tanks in total bliss. :wink:

Downside of that is you will have to have two separate systems. You will not agree. :) I am female.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back