Are you reefing more, less or the same in the spring?

Are you reefing more, less or the same in the spring?

• MORE

Votes: 100 28.2%
  • LESS

Votes: 49 13.8%
  • SAME

Votes: 202 57.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters

wheels 45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got money for Christmas so I bought a gift card from my LFS for $300. On Wednesday I bought a purple tip frogspawn and a multicoloured Trachyphyllia. I have a Blasto merletti colony and a rainbow anemone in my 32 gallon Coralife biocube already. I told myself when I started the tank that I would only buy a few nice corals. But I think that rule is slowly going out the window. Corals are addictive.

jser388

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, i feel like i do alot more buying/looking, being out and about when its warmer doing errands or whatever i might be more inclined to stop by my LFS rather then being in hibernation

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
1. Are you reefing more, less or the same in the spring?

No change. Having multiple tanks- They are an obligation, responsibility and daily enjoyment

2. What type of factors come into play for you and reefing during the spring time?

Maintain common maintenance, prepare for warmer house temperatures and look for spring sales.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I reef a little less and focus on golf. I’m in the middle of a tank upgrade so I’ll probably get that set up and get my livestock moved over but after that I’ll stick to just doing water changes. It’s going to work out nicely because I plan on going a lot slower with this tank

stuccoman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still winter in SE Wyoming. Snow from the record breaking 30+in. storm 12 days ago. Reefing as usual.
IMG_7809.JPG

NigelRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you all laugh and say "Australia - You don't even have a winter"....

Don't forget about us in the land down under...

It's getting colder down here (It's all relative I know), the days are getting shorter, the sun's doing down a few minutes earlier each day and the tank is starting to evaporate a little more water each day - I guess that mean's we're going in the opposite direction to most of the world !

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kind of planned ahead. I set up my tank in Early Fall so I’d have time to “play” with it as much as needed over the Fall and Winter.
Spring has arrived and so has the need to work my land. Spring and Summer are very busy for me with outdoor “chores” so now that my tank is established, it needs a little less attention.

Paulandreti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have a little less time, but I was able to manage a really good pace during this past season, even though arround here weather will not change that much it is exiting to have more open options to interact and get more stuff from LFS.

jvanorman1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got in to the hobby and cycled the 90 gallon 6 weeks ago! So I am still pretty excited about it, and lots to do with a brand new set up.
Will see if there are any changes in spring 2022

kaylajoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less. I don't tend to get any aquarium stuff between the start of spring and fall because it's just too hot here for me to feel okay shipping livestock.

Tomorrow is the first 90 degree day. Time to let things grow out and maybe get a few small things from the fish store occasionally.

Ayce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted more. Living in Minnesota I dont like buying on line during the winter and there are not many things available in the LFS. Spring to early fall (around 5 months up here) is my time to expand.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back