Arg! Pavona got stung by paly...

  • Thread starter Thread starter tbrown
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tbrown

Cronies #3?? Heathens' Coffee Snob???
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2019
Messages
83,354
Reaction score
229,367
Location
Peoria, AZ
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok, so my pavona got rolled over by a snail and landed on my Arctic Ice Palys. Did they sting him or were they eating him? Also, I thought the pavonas and leptos were supposed to be semi aggressive and zoas/palys we're supposed to be more passive. I guess they're passive aggressive? ;)

IMG_20210420_175449677~2.jpg

It looks like skeleton to me...
 
Ok, so my pavona got rolled over by a snail and landed on my Arctic Ice Palys. Did they sting him or were they eating him? Also, I thought the pavonas and leptos were supposed to be semi aggressive and zoas/palys we're supposed to be more passive. I guess they're passive aggressive? ;)

IMG_20210420_175449677~2.jpg

It looks like skeleton to me...
I think palys would release a toxin rather than sting. I have them surrounding a jf outer space psammocora and they don't bother it, but I'm sure it's inhibiting it's growth so I will be moving it soon. Palys just need an island to themselves they multiply too fast.
 
I think palys would release a toxin rather than sting. I have them surrounding a jf outer space psammocora and they don't bother it, but I'm sure it's inhibiting it's growth so I will be moving it soon. Palys just need an island to themselves they multiply too fast.
Yeah, they're on the sandbed but my stupid snail pushed my pavona and he fell into them. I'm pretty sure he'll recover, I hope, but it stinks to see the skeleton where it was so beautiful and green...
 
Pavona's are usually the one's stinging everyone else nearby. The polyps were probably just preemptively striking.

It'll recover. Like polyps, Pavona's are pretty much indestructible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new