Arrow crab releasing zoea

  • Thread starter Thread starter Doh Boy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Doh Boy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2020
Messages
134
Reaction score
263
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other day I see my arrow crab standing on a rock looking like she is singing an opera tune, well I get my phone out and start taking video. She was absolutely full of zoea and started releasing them. It went on for about ten minutes. The first video is her releasing them and the second one is where I turned off the pumps so I could see the zoea.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4639.MOV
    23 MB
  • IMG_4642.MOV
    13.1 MB
Here is a screen shot from the videos.

46A266A8-D3A1-4204-9CA8-21239AAE1EC3.png 01549857-A4CF-4442-90D0-78A61320E8DF.png
 
I will upload these videos to YouTube and add links in this thread as soon as I can.
 
Question will they survive? Or do they become food and return pump food?
In my tank they were food and some got pulled into the pumps. I am not sure if any are gonna make it. Everything happened so fast and I did not know what to do to save them.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new