Aruotoloj's 65g JBJ flatpanel

aruotoloj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after about 6 months of study/planning, 3 months of buying and a month and a half of cycling, I finally have my first tank up and running.

My current equipment is:

2x AI Prime HD LED lights

1x APEX WAV have maker

APEX aquarium controller

AutoAqua ATO and auto water change system (such a time saver!)

Jaeger 150w heater

CPR HOB Refugium (2.5g) with IM chaetomax light, sea lettuce, sand and marine pure blocks

Tunze 9012 skimmer

Bag of charcoal/GFO

Marine pure cubes

No filter socks currently, as between the HOB refuge and ATO/AWC I don't have room I want to eventually add in one of the new auto roller mats that replaces filter sock somehow though, if they work on an AIO tank.

Rock is all dry pukani and liferock, sand is ARAGE-ALIVE Finish pink and special grade

Livestock:

Current: Mixed bonded pair of clown fish 1x firefish 10x hermits 1x tuxedo urchin 1x emerald crab 5x trochus snails 1x weeping willow toadstool Healthy pod population

Future (in order): 1x flasher wrasse 1x blenny 1x cleaner shrimp 1x royal gramma 1x Yellow goby/Randall or candycane shrimp pair 1x flame angel Various soft/lps coral and maybe an anenome Eventually a Green Mandarin

Everything seems very happy and healthy. I have a bit of a sea lettuce infestation from the refuge in the main tank, but it doesn't harm anything, so I'm not finding it as long as it keeps the inverts and algae eaters happy. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any advice or suggestions for stocking :)

http://imgur.com/gallery/tdi86SJ

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good! I have the 45 Flat Panel and have been looking forward to seeing someone with the 65 gallon. Funny how the filtration chambers fill up quickly. I guess the same thing happens in a sump.

I considered the CPR HOB and actually have a used one. I ended up being too nervous to put it on a rimless tank, so I applaud that you were braver than I was.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good so far and I checked out the pictures as well.

And welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
A

aruotoloj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months in and I’m still loving the tank. I did get the stand as well, but I broke the doors installing it because the tank sunk into the carpeting, so I need to shave them down, but I feel you couldn’t beat the quality for the price.

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 months in and I’m still loving the tank. I did get the stand as well, but I broke the doors installing it because the tank sunk into the carpeting, so I need to shave them down, but I feel you couldn’t beat the quality for the price.
Your stand didn't come assembled? Mine did from Drs. Foster & Smith.

OP
OP
A

aruotoloj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It came assembled, I literally ripped the one door off the bottom hinge when trying to close it lol

Bill Saucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread! Did the Tunze 9012 fit well into the dedicated skimmer compartment? I assume you used the DC version?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back