Votes: 51 41.1%

• Total voters

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Selfishly I do kind of think it would be hilarious if you scrapped the idea and instead the only verified account on the website was your own
LOL! Then it would be like social media or just like the admins. Which is what I thought was going on originally when I saw the blue checkmarks.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree ,let's say i sent you a pump through usps insured for value, provide you snapshot of receipt, you receive and are satisfied ,wouldn't that count as an acceptable transaction?

Not for R2R unless there is a thread to tie it to. We want this to be about the people that buy and sell on here. That being said in the beginning we can grandfather members in with proof like you talked about as long as we can tie it to a member here. :)

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think having all sales on a separate, verifiable platform is a better way to go. The checkmark thing will lead others to have false assumptions about it on R2R.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not related to the question but IMO in the dark mode it looks weird maybe make it a lighter shade or is that copy right issue?
it definitely blends in with the background on dark mode

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
supply a driver's license or similar ID and kept in a file offline by a mod. only if verification is needed for selling or buying would the file be accessed by mods, and issue a verification note (this is a verified user) to the person requesting it, but no information to be passed on.
There is privacy law and out of the question. I show no one my license other than law enforcement, liquor store or other certified official.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@revhtree these count ?

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe we can offer like seller badges or something and people can click when they bought a item off of you to add it it

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
supply a driver's license or similar ID and kept in a file offline by a mod. only if verification is needed for selling or buying would the file be accessed by mods, and issue a verification note (this is a verified user) to the person requesting it, but no information to be passed on.
I agree with others about a driver's license. My reasons are different though. Realistically providing a driver's license to a forum mod is no less secure than pretty much any online purchase made using a card, but you will lose a very large percentage of people who still enjoy the illusion of privacy in 2023

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I love your two top trusted groups:
1) The Police 2) The Liquor store

All in fun here:)
LOL- By law , these are required voluntary display sources

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve made a good amount of sales on this form and wish there was a way to reflex that so buyers feel safe when buying little prints from me
Isn't that what the feedback score is for? Maybe sellers can encourage buyers to leave feedback...

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that what the feedback score is for? Maybe sellers can encourage buyers to leave feedback...
Yeah the whole thing I want could be addressed with a seller feedback area that "pops" more and possibly encourages interaction.

I didn't even know what it was for years until I finally clicked on it saying to myself "what the heck even are these numbers"

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is no other protection being offered except knowing the seller is a real person and is who they say they are it wouldn't make any real difference to me. I've bought livestock here several times. I have even sent money with no buyer protection. I research the sellers past sales listings if they have any, search through their general posts and use those to judge whether I'm comfortable sending money to them.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but no one uses it since it’s difficult to navigate and don’t want to burden the people who buy from me
Point taken, but why not fix the existing system instead of creating a new one?

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah the whole thing I want could be addressed with a seller feedback area that "pops" more and possibly encourages interaction.

I didn't even know what it was for years until I finally clicked on it saying to myself "what the heck even are these numbers"
Like allowing the seller to send a buyer a feedback thing in the chat

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back