• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

ASD Leprechauns colony FS

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WYSIWYG
8 polyps $800 shipped

IMG_20170913_163901.jpg

IMG_20170913_163659.jpg

Last edited:

VP616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know if you ever think about splitting it up. Definitely be interested in a polyp or two.

Taylor Hahn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are these a morph of some kind? my leprechauns do not look like this. they don't have a green mouth either. but I got mine from asd. if you ddnt mind me asking where do you have them and what kind of flow?

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the original pic I had to adjust the white balance a little otherwise you would just see a blue zoa.
They do not have a green mouth, it may just be the blue lights changing the way the mouth looks. They are normal Leprechauns.
I got 1 polyp directly from Will at ASD at the beginning of spring. I have them in a 2 gallon pico tank. super low flow. Under AI Prime (non hd)
Roughly 8"-10" under the led. This is the only place I have found to keep these particular zoas happy. They have been very picky.
I also keep them under all blues @ 100% no whites whatsoever.
The pic they are closed because I just did my daily cleaning but they are the ones circled in red.

IMG_20170919_161827.jpg

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I split up my colony and had them in two different tanks. When I put them under Radions xr30 gen 3's their skirts were looking really good. I have since moved them and I am still having problems with the skirt returning to the top photo.

My 2nd colony below has never looked better than this current state. I'm not sure why.
Both plugs are in the same tank, so Im hoping the bottom plug will start to recover.
Since Spring 2017 I started with 1 polyp and now have roughly 24 polyps.
Picture was taken with Galaxy s8+ and quality is horrible.

IMG_20170813_202844.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back