Assistance with Radion Setup

HardyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning fellow Reefers! After many years, I am back in the hobby and looking to get my tank set back up. I hung onto some of my old Radions (Gen3) and would love to make use of them for a while. However, I cannot seem to get EcoSmart Live "Devices" tab to work so I can add them to my profile (reeflink is set up and the light on it is blue). Anyone else able to access that part of the website? Is there a better, more efficient way of controlling these lights in 2023. Really not trying to upgrade just yet. Thanks in advance for all the help!

1683117567082.png

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could help but its been a minute since I messed with my old gen 3s. I know you dont want to upgrade but they do give you pretty good trade in on your old lights. Maybe something to check into. Ive got 5s now and there wireless and its sooo dang nice to just be able to go to the app on my phone.

I did just go and log into my ecotech live and was able to get in devices.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could help but its been a minute since I messed with my old gen 3s. I know you dont want to upgrade but they do give you pretty good trade in on your old lights. Maybe something to check into. Ive got 5s now and there wireless and its sooo dang nice to just be able to go to the app on my phone.

I did just go and log into my ecotech live and was able to get in devices.
Eco tech gives trade ins? Never heard that before

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eco tech gives trade ins? Never heard that before
Yes, I think I paid 200-250 for new lights when i sent my old ones in. Ive also seen others on here talking about the same thing. I had sent them in for repair, they said it was cost prohibitive to repair them and offered me awesome deal. At least I thought it was awesome.

OP
OP
HardyG

HardyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Update. I am still struggling, but have gained some ground. I think I just need someone to fill in the gaps for me. So my reeflink is set up, but I get an error message that says "Verify EcoSmart Live Connection." I open Ecosmart live on my PC and the devices tab still pulls up nothing. When I try the app on my phone it says name your aquarium. I do that and it "searches for devices" for a while but ultimately finds nothing and goes back to the name your aquarium screen. I am super frustrated at this point. Could anyone provide any assistance. I will give my number to anyone willing to help troubleshoot. Thanks in advance everyone!
1683293508989.png
1683293458868.png

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Update. I am still struggling, but have gained some ground. I think I just need someone to fill in the gaps for me. So my reeflink is set up, but I get an error message that says "Verify EcoSmart Live Connection." I open Ecosmart live on my PC and the devices tab still pulls up nothing. When I try the app on my phone it says name your aquarium. I do that and it "searches for devices" for a while but ultimately finds nothing and goes back to the name your aquarium screen. I am super frustrated at this point. Could anyone provide any assistance. I will give my number to anyone willing to help troubleshoot. Thanks in advance everyone!
I’m not sure on the gen 3 but 5-6 you have to use 2.4hig wifi and connect to it through your wifi. Search for available wifi and eco tech or what ever should pop up and then you set up through there and enter your wifi password etc for the lights to connect to your home network.

OP
OP
HardyG

HardyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone who commented! So, I have an update to the update lol. I am just unsure about the reef link, so I unplugged it and downloaded the connection manager. I plugged one of the lights in directly to my PC and it was able to find it and now have access to my devices tab. My new question is, where does the reef link play into this now? Do I still need it? Also, I was unable to figure out how to factory reset the lights. Anyone have insight on this? Sorry for so many questions!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 115 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back