Astraea Snails hard inside??

michaelabellz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My astraea snails have not been doing well at all, they haven’t been moving really and at first I thought maybe they just have to get used to my tank as I just got them last week but my other snails are doing very well. For the past day or 2 they’ve been in the same spot but I do catch them moving slightly here and there so they’re not dead. When I picked up one of my astraea snails I turned it over to look inside and it didn’t look too good (as shown in picture) and when I felt the inside it was very hard. Does anyone know what this means or what I can do to help them?
EAECDBB4-F4CD-407A-978C-1FE1CB7BD4C9.jpeg

daybreaksky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hard part is a little trap door they protect themselves with that swings open when they come out. They may be just stressed with the change in parameters or something like hermits have been poking at them. Best let them do their things. My motto in this hobby has always been to keep my hands out of the tank as much as possible and it served me well.

OP
OP
michaelabellz

michaelabellz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hard part is a little trap door they protect themselves with that swings open when they come out. They may be just stressed with the change in parameters or something like hermits have been poking at them. Best let them do their things. My motto in this hobby has always been to keep my hands out of the tank as much as possible and it served me well.
Okay thank you so much for the advice I’ll definitely take that into consideration.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back