OP
Astro

Astro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of the pipe fish's leap! Your tank build seems to be going great though. I wish I could get my clowns to host my BTA. Did yours naturally go to it or did you do something to encourage it? I have a similar size build up and running for almost a year - it’s a WB 100.3. I’m also new to hobby so I’ll be following along here!! Good work!
Hey Thank you!! :) It was kind of funny, I was looking up tutorials, but before I could get the chance they hosted it themselves! I saw the bigger one kind of trying to host out a GSP frag and a couple other places, and one day while playing video games on discord I scream out with joy when I peek over to see one of them inside the nem! The second one slowly started to here and there, for like a couple seconds at a time. But now they basically never leave its side with the exception of being fed. I'll check out your build thread too!

First Choice
OP
Astro

Astro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@Astro I would be concerned about your clowns. That doesn’t look good. I suspect internal worms. First check out the fish disease forum on this website. I just found out about this product https://apifishcare.com/product/general-cure
You might want to check it out.
I made a thread there https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/clownfish-white-eye.788437/#post-8378758 for white eye, but yeah I should perhaps post about his stomach, I've not heard anything like it.

OP
Astro

Astro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Those are some kind of harmless snails. They are harmless and a sign of a good ecosystem of a saltwater aquarium. Pretty much impossible to eradicate. They come in on frags by the dozens...no need to worry...
Snails?? Interesting, I love snails so I can't wait haha. What kind of snail?

AS

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
oh interesting, so I just leave them?
You can scrape them off but chances are they'll find their way back. They don't hurt anything as far as I know so I just let them be, other than routine glass cleaning...they are all over my rocks and euphyllia bones too...pretty much anything that stays in the tank, I can find a few on.

Rincon_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I dig it!
Here is an updated version of mine; lost a couple from really bad aiptasia, and just pulled off some of the hair algae.
IMG_0475.jpeg
Looking good. Halley berry's up front? Here is my build post...finally: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/h...-redsea-reefer-250-build.795187/#post-8462087

Rincon_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been feeling pretty good about my copepod population so I bit the bullet and got a Mandarin fish and a dragon face pipe fish. Both were appearing to be eating and doing well. However unfortunately this morning I woke up to find the pipe fish laying a meter from the tank on the ground :( I'm not sure what made him jump, how he could even jump so far with such a little fin, and how he jumped through my red sea lid (he'd fit, just need perfect accuracy).
IMG_3950.jpeg

IMG_3909.jpeg
IMG_0462.jpeg

IMG_3897.jpeg

In other news, I found this absolute unit of a bristle worm that's maybe 4" long. I last saw a bristle worm in my GSP but was easily half the diameter and max 2". I left him in there since I assume its fine.
IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3880.jpeg

Lastly, I'm unsure if I'm overfeeding or if there's genuinely something wrong with my clowns due to the size of their stomachs being quite bloated. I've cut back feeding and it has shrunk down.
IMG_3892.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg
IMG_3918.jpeg

Anddd here's just cute pics of them:
IMG_3867.jpeg
IMG_3898.jpeg
Awesome photos with the dslr. That is something I am working on myself. I think I need the light sup and less blue. Could your clown be preggo? I have never seen a pregnant clown, but it sure looks like pregnant bass I have seen.

Do you utilize the weekends for tank tasks?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 199 63.8%
  • NO

Votes: 23 7.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 84 26.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 1.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
LRS