ATI blue+ PAR at depth

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a PAR reading of 1 or 2 ATI blue + at say 18"-20" deep? If so please mention the height the lights are off the water. I found 311 per tube online with no mention of distance from the light. My own PAR meter is DIY with an older apogee sensor so not convinced of my numbers. I got 2 tubes 10" off the water at 18" depth with high end mirror reflectors 70PAR. I estimated it should be over 100.

BRS409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope that is not right, that's pretty low. I'm interested to see if anyone has any data supporting higher PAR, I use these bulbs also!

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it makes you feel better, aside from par the spectrum is terrific for our corals....at least :)
* but I'm sure the newer version of the apogee can show a higher PAR than my ghetto meter.

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a PAR reading of 1 or 2 ATI blue + at say 18"-20" deep? If so please mention the height the lights are off the water. I found 311 per tube online with no mention of distance from the light. My own PAR meter is DIY with an older apogee sensor so not convinced of my numbers. I got 2 tubes 10" off the water at 18" depth with high end mirror reflectors 70PAR. I estimated it should be over 100.

70 PAR at that depth doesn't seem abnormally low to me; what length bulbs? Their full spectrum sensor is considerably better below 450nm but I'm not sure you'd actually see much difference for a Blue+.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends SO much on reflectors and bulb cooling. I know on my 6 bulb ati sunpower that was running 4b+ and a white and purple bulb I was getting 300+ on the sand in the center.

Standard 75 gal with the lights about 8-9" off surface of the water.

Back