ATI Essentials Pro 1&2- what is in each bottle?

zoalicious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me an update how good this product is looking to switch over from current dosing of ESV two parts to this but this product is more expensive and want to see if it's worth the price on switching

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoalicious, you may find this youtube video helpful:

They don't put ATI Essentials pro in the comparison but it does compare competitors. I have been using ATI Essentials pro but I am a bit concerned with how much I have to dose part 2 to keep up. I like the idea that ATI Essentials Pro puts the trace elements in the dosing solution and you can measure with an ICP test. Maybe ATI can give a response on where they see themselves fitting in cost wise. Hope this helps.

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using mine. It did have some leakage but not enough to worry from packaging. It also did crystallize some but it was left in my garage(they recommend putting it in warm water) and it cleared up thanks to this Texas heat.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could, but it would not work and would be a giant waste of time and money :) Mixing calcium and alkalinity creates precipitation that will not be at all helpful for your reef. In fact its best you even leave lots of time between dosing one bottle or the other to allow it to thoroughly mix and prevent precipitation in your tank water.

OP
OP
mginani

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoalicious, since I started this thread in January, my tank has never looked better. It's an 80 gallon 4 foot mixed reef. I have several acros that look good and are growing albeit slowly. I am still on my same bottles since switching from Triton in January. This is very inexpensive. The second bottle does get used quicker. I keep my alk at 8, Ca at 400 and MG at 1375.

Stan-Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Essentials Pro Bottle 1: Iodine, sulfur and alkalinity
Essentials Pro bottle 2: Ca, Mg, Br, B, F, K, Mo, etc

Not sure if this has been answered before but doesn't Iodine have a very short half life ? do you have to boost Iodine once the the two part gets a bit too old ?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this has been answered before but doesn't Iodine have a very short half life ? do you have to boost Iodine once the the two part gets a bit too old ?

Hey Stan-Lee, iodine can be in elemental and ionic form. The elemental form is not stable and would go into a gas state and leave the solution.
We only use ionic iodine and the conditions in the solution are iodine friendly therefor very stable.

Corals consume big amounts of iodine especially under high light intensities.

majorstare

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumping onto this thread.

Dosing Pro into a 200ltr tank and cannot get calcium to hold. Over the last 8 weeks calcium has dropped to 180/200 with Kh rising to 10.9.
I dose part 1 six times a day at 9ml and part 2 doses six times at 22ml. Tonight I have increased this (again) to 26ml, 6 times a day.

For a low SPS/LPS stocked tank, the calcium dosing levels seem rather high against Kh levels.

Massive challenge now to save the corals.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumping onto this thread.

Dosing Pro into a 200ltr tank and cannot get calcium to hold. Over the last 8 weeks calcium has dropped to 180/200 with Kh rising to 10.9.
I dose part 1 six times a day at 9ml and part 2 doses six times at 22ml. Tonight I have increased this (again) to 26ml, 6 times a day.

For a low SPS/LPS stocked tank, the calcium dosing levels seem rather high against Kh levels.

Massive challenge now to save the corals.

It sounds like there may be some greater issues than should be discussed here at R2R, I would recommend sending an email to [email protected] for detailed help. Its likely something to do with your method of dosing causing precipitation.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me an update how good this product is looking to switch over from current dosing of ESV two parts to this but this product is more expensive and want to see if it's worth the price on switching
In the past I have used Aquaforest Triton, and Red Sea methods. ATI Pro has produced by far the best results for my corals. Not sure about my fish because they aren't talking but seem happy.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past I have used Aquaforest Triton, and Red Sea methods. ATI Pro has produced by far the best results for my corals. Not sure about my fish because they aren't talking but seem happy.
I hate when my fish give me the silent treatment. I never know what I did wrong.

Glad to hear Essentials Pro is working well for you!

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has there ever been any resolution to the low Ca issue? I was also a long time user of the 3 part and swapped to the pro after depleting my stockpile. I regularly check my alk and only check my calcium every few months. Everything was in check when I finished up the 3 part. Now that I have been on the 2 part for a few months, I checked my Ca yesterday and it's below 290ppm. what the heck! When initially switching over I had some instability in my alk and it has seemed to resolve itself, now this. I'm dosing at 11 different intervals per day and my time btwn part 1&2 dose is 20 mins into the sump return area. I know for a fact that my dose amt for part 1&2 are the same because I fill my reservoir to the exact same level so I can monitor. I'm also dosing non-diluted version, so it can't be that either. I have a 6 month supply left of this stuff and have lost my confidence in it. My heavily stocked sps tank has definitely gone downhill in recent months. Any insight on what's going on? Could the concentration of part2 be lacking?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has there ever been any resolution to the low Ca issue? I was also a long time user of the 3 part and swapped to the pro after depleting my stockpile. I regularly check my alk and only check my calcium every few months. Everything was in check when I finished up the 3 part. Now that I have been on the 2 part for a few months, I checked my Ca yesterday and it's below 290ppm. what the heck! When initially switching over I had some instability in my alk and it has seemed to resolve itself, now this. I'm dosing at 11 different intervals per day and my time btwn part 1&2 dose is 20 mins into the sump return area. I know for a fact that my dose amt for part 1&2 are the same because I fill my reservoir to the exact same level so I can monitor. I'm also dosing non-diluted version, so it can't be that either. I have a 6 month supply left of this stuff and have lost my confidence in it. My heavily stocked sps tank has definitely gone downhill in recent months. Any insight on what's going on? Could the concentration of part2 be lacking?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, I am sure it is very frustrating! Have you done an ATI ICP test or at least tested your magnesium? It is possible your magnesium is depleted which will cause precipitation. I high recommend doing an ICP test to get a bigger picture of what the situation is. I suspect its low magnesium but without more information I am not sure. Magnesium and calcium are both in bottle 2 in the Pro version, in the 3 part Essentials calcium is in bottle 2 and magnesium in bottle 3.

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked my mg and its ~1550. I did email ATI today and he told me that they had a batch of the pro early on where the part 1 formulation was stronger than part 2 and this might be the reason for this. He said it has since been corrected. Hopefully my other 2 sets are in balance, because I much prefer to dose in equal amts as a sanity check for my dosing pumps plus I won't have to buy extra sets of Ca. Going to send off for a water analysis next week. Kinda bummed about this as I had a good experience with essentials till this. It will make me reconsider what I will use next time around.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked my Ca yesterday and it's below 290ppm. what the heck!
How long do you leave it between tests? As Ca drop of over 110ish is huge over a week... with all of these potent 2 parts precipitation is a real issue If flow isn’t sufficient as well as time between doses, once I changed to dosing into my sump baffle and 20 mins apart my usage balanced out perfectly.. I have been dosIng both parts 24 times a day for over 18 months now with no issues

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long do you leave it between tests? As Ca drop of over 110ish is huge over a week... with all of these potent 2 parts precipitation is a real issue If flow isn’t sufficient as well as time between doses, once I changed to dosing into my sump baffle and 20 mins apart my usage balanced out perfectly.. I have been dosIng both parts 24 times a day for over 18 months now with no issues

It was about 3 months since I last checked Ca which is when I switched from the older version of Essentials. Yeah... I know it was way too long since I last checked, but daughter had some recent medical issues that kept us busy. From my past experience w/ Essentials I made the assumption if my alk was in check, my Ca would be fine. I frequently checked my Alk to tune in the dose especially in the beginning of the transition and assumed it would be fine.

Screenshot_20191126-102906_Apex Fusion.jpg

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For what it's worth, I'm now having the same issue. Switched from the 3 part to the Pro a couple of months ago. My Alk and Mag are in line, but my Calcium is 304 (based on my latest ATI ICP test that I just got back today). So now I need to pick up some Cal to add by itself (don't really want to add more of bottle 2, since that would also raise my Mag from what I understand)

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the ATI UK Facebook group and there are many people all having the same issue. There is something off about part #2 in this new pro mix, there are just too many people with the same issue.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back