ATI Essentials Pro 1&2- what is in each bottle?

Beane71884

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on my first set of 2L bottles of the Pro (purchased ~4ish months) ago, and I'm having no issues with great results. I had to adjust Monday night for Ca & Mg (#2) but that was just from growth as my tank has been taking off using 2 part Pro.

When I tested Monday, my levels were at:
Alk: 8.9 dkh
Ca: 425
Mg: 1260
NO3: 5
PO4: .02

I did end up giving a small manual shot of #2 and increasing my dosing schedule on that a bit as well as I like to keep Ca around the 440 mark.

Now with that said, I have a new set of bottles that I just purchased since I am getting on the low side in my dosing containers. Is there any risk that this new set of bottles that was just purchased last week from MD is going to be different from what I'm currently using?

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on my first set of 2L bottles of the Pro (purchased ~4ish months) ago, and I'm having no issues with great results. I had to adjust Monday night for Ca & Mg (#2) but that was just from growth as my tank has been taking off using 2 part Pro.

When I tested Monday, my levels were at:
Alk: 8.9 dkh
Ca: 425
Mg: 1260
NO3: 5
PO4: .02

I did end up giving a small manual shot of #2 and increasing my dosing schedule on that a bit as well as I like to keep Ca around the 440 mark.

Now with that said, I have a new set of bottles that I just purchased since I am getting on the low side in my dosing containers. Is there any risk that this new set of bottles that was just purchased last week from MD is going to be different from what I'm currently using?

Interesting... Glad your having more stable results. Are you dilutting yours, I'm not. What's your daily dose rate, I'm around 30mL. I just switched to a new set of 2 liters that I bought at a different time than the first couple of sets. Hopefully that will resolve it. Got my CA back to normal levels and will check later this week to see if ca is more stable. I still have another 2L and 10L set in stockpile. It's going to suck if I continually dose at non-equal amts.

Beane71884

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting... Glad your having more stable results. Are you dilutting yours, I'm not. What's your daily dose rate, I'm around 30mL. I just switched to a new set of 2 liters that I bought at a different time than the first couple of sets. Hopefully that will resolve it. Got my CA back to normal levels and will check later this week to see if ca is more stable. I still have another 2L and 10L set in stockpile. It's going to suck if I continually dose at non-equal amts.
I do not dilute, just dump the 2L bottles directly in my dosing container. For Ca/Mg, I dose 20.4mL daily (I just increased from 19.8mL) and for Alk, I dose 18.0mL (I also just increase this from 16.8mL). This is dosed on a 65g with a 30g sump, and I have 6 dosing points (10 minute offsets between the two) for each throughout the day with nothing being added at night. I would like to buy the 10L set the next time around, but want to be confident in the formula before I take that plunge.

In all honesty, I'm not sure if they will ever be a 1:1. Mine are pretty close, but to dial in to a specific target, I don't see it happening at least on my system.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the 10L set from?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was an issue with the very first batch of ATI Essentials Pro with slightly higher concentration of alkalinity, but it was only 3%. I am not aware of any other discrepancies.

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not dilute, just dump the 2L bottles directly in my dosing container. For Ca/Mg, I dose 20.4mL daily (I just increased from 19.8mL) and for Alk, I dose 18.0mL (I also just increase this from 16.8mL). This is dosed on a 65g with a 30g sump, and I have 6 dosing points (10 minute offsets between the two) for each throughout the day with nothing being added at night. I would like to buy the 10L set the next time around, but want to be confident in the formula before I take that plunge.

In all honesty, I'm not sure if they will ever be a 1:1. Mine are pretty close, but to dial in to a specific target, I don't see it happening at least on my system.

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the 10L set from?

I have always liked to dose the exact same amts of each part as it gave me a way to confirm my dosing pumps were not out of cal and functioning correctly. I guess I got used to this w/ the original 3 part version of essentials, as it kept everything super stable. The downside is it made me a bit lazy on confirming my calcium levels.

As for the source of the 10L, I've been buying mine from www.aquacave.com. I believe www.premiumaquatics.com sells this size too. The 10L kit, is no joke. Curious how I'm going to handle those bottles when I try to refill my reservoir. Probably going to try and re-use the 2L bottles and refill them in my garage.

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where’s all the tank shots with dosing this. Currently on Red Sea and thinking about making a switch.

DirtDiggler2823

If I can't break it, it doesn't exist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be very careful with this. I went from 330ml of each of the 3 essentials to 24ml of pro. While that sort of stabilized my alk (tested by alkatronic twice daily during the time), my calcium dropped from 440ish to 350 in a couple weeks time. I ended up giving up on pro after not getting it to fully stabilize, and am now using a calcium reactor.

Were you dosing it straight, or diluting it?

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using it for just about 1 year now and have no issues with it. Obviously the more coral I add the more I dose and as the SPS and such grow they consume more, but I don't have to constantly adjust dosing. As it is right now, I add 35ml of each bottle #1 and #2 undiluted.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back