ATI ICP TEST RESULTS, HELP =]

cpalminteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now I'm just going to post the elements/nutrients that need help:

1679425186643.png

-How the hell did I get Aluminum in my tank? How do I remove?
-The minor elements are all over the place, I'm sure I can dose the ones that are low but how do I remove Barium?
-Nutrients, I know I know I've gotten them down a lot since I took this test lol heavy bio load heavy feeding but looking into more nutrient export
-Major elements, do I really need to lower them?

Any help much appreciated!

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aluminum can get into your tank in a number of ways. I assume you provided a sample of your RO water, thats one place Id look. *Might be better to post this over on Randys thread section since I'm no expert. In the meantime I'll give you an opinion , if you aren't using carbon and perhaps a phosphate absorption media I would start using carbon at least if you think some of these numbers are causing issues in your system. A lot of people have different means of reducing phosphate, for me I use phosguard as well as a little bit of GFO, not too much, I go under the recommended GFO quantity by about a 3rd. My Phos stays around .1 and feeding everyday. Water changes for everything else if you think its an issue.

OP
OP
C

cpalminteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aluminum can get into your tank in a number of ways. I assume you provided a sample of your RO water, thats one place Id look. *Might be better to post this over on Randys thread section since I'm no expert. In the meantime I'll give you an opinion , if you aren't using carbon and perhaps a phosphate absorption media I would start using carbon at least if you think some of these numbers are causing issues in your system. A lot of people have different means of reducing phosphate, for me I use phosguard as well as a little bit of GFO, not too much, I go under the recommended GFO quantity by about a 3rd. My Phos stays around .1 and feeding everyday. Water changes for everything else if you think its an issue.
kk will do. My corals have been struggling for a while now which is why i took the ICP test. RO water came back fine

OP
OP
C

cpalminteri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
btw what and where is this randys thread lol

nothing_fancy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kk will do. My corals have been struggling for a while now which is why i took the ICP test. RO water came back fine
If this has been going on for a while just go slow with everything. Without knowing much about your tank or equipment, high nutrients like that would have built up over time. If you're using floss or something similar, socks or whatever, start changing them more often. I actually don't change mine as much in order to maintain my nitrate level at around 5ppm. If you're feeding heavy you could start by cutting that back a lot. I also skip water changes sometimes so long as my phosphate doesn't go above .1ppm I would say in your situation you would do the opposite of my routine until you get stable. The trace element thing to me is not a big deal.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now I'm just going to post the elements/nutrients that need help:

1679425186643.png

-How the hell did I get Aluminum in my tank? How do I remove?
-The minor elements are all over the place, I'm sure I can dose the ones that are low but how do I remove Barium?
-Nutrients, I know I know I've gotten them down a lot since I took this test lol heavy bio load heavy feeding but looking into more nutrient export
-Major elements, do I really need to lower them?

Any help much appreciated!
Aluminium can come from an Aluminium Oxide phosphate remover such as Phosguard. It could be removed by using GFO, however I would not be concerned by that level.

There is nothing else to be concerned about.

Your phosphate and Nitrate is a little high which again can be corrected by use of GFO And water changes

ccole

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked in your build thread and saw you were using marine pure bio balls. Are they still in the tank? I remember reading that those can leach aluminum. If you are worried, you may consider removing them?

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a good water change like a few days apart will help balance everything out . not sure what salt your using for the alk to be at 10 its a little high but its ok with with ur nutrient levels . make adjustments slowly because with ICP u can go too fast and just throw everything off. then u can really tick off ur corals. just make sure that ur looking at your corals I take pictures and then look at my parameters .right now im running too high on P04 and trying to balance with NO3 its part science and part art/expierence .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back