OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 8 x 80w hybrid isnt working correctly. The 4 bulbs on channel 1 remain lit 24 hours a day. Only very dim but remain on when they should be off. When the bulbs should be on they fire up to 100% as normal no issues but when they should be off they never go off. Leds and other channel work perfectly. I've replaced ballasts and purchased 8 new bulbs but they still do it. Any ideas?

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I would contact ATI. I had a problem like that once when I was fiddling with the control box. My LEDs would stick on and wouldn’t change programs every note and then, so I replaced a circuit board in the box... I must have messed something up whenI swapped parts back and forth because the T5s would do what you are talking about. I wired it incorrectly. I said screw it’s and got a new control box and my LEDs still have same problems but the t5s worked again. (I have my controller turn the lights off and back on at the end of the night so the LEDs don’t stay on all night)

you may need a control board which is about $150 bucks but ATI North America should be able to help.
Edit: you said ‘mate’ so I’m guessing you might not be in NA, so contact whatever ATI covers your region. :p

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, I would contact ATI. I had a problem like that once when I was fiddling with the control box. My LEDs would stick on and wouldn’t change programs every note and then, so I replaced a circuit board in the box... I must have messed something up whenI swapped parts back and forth because the T5s would do what you are talking about. I wired it incorrectly. I said screw it’s and got a new control box and my LEDs still have same problems but the t5s worked again. (I have my controller turn the lights off and back on at the end of the night so the LEDs don’t stay on all night)

you may need a control board which is about $150 bucks but ATI North America should be able to help.
Edit: you said ‘mate’ so I’m guessing you might not be in NA, so contact whatever ATI covers your region. :p

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha yes I'm english lol.....ive contacted ati and to be honest didnt get very far. Wasn't impressed to be honest with their replies. I'm thinking control box. What did you do just open it up and have a look ?

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of buying the box, I bought just a control board to replace in the box. My T5s never had a problem. I replaced the board, didn’t help, so I did some tinkering, then reinstalled the board and had LED and T5 problems like you’re talking
... reinstalled the old board and bought a new controller box (big aluminum controller box) fixed the T5s, but still have a LED issue that I fix by just resetting the power at night on my Apex.
So getting a new box might fix it, but that’s a pricey try. It’s like 450USD.
It’s a great light when it works but it’s got faulty programming and poor user interface

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a 8 by 36” that has one set of bulbs off. Replaced the ballast with no effect. My 24 sunpower needs a new control board and the 72” sunpower is still running just fine. Kind of mixed feelings about staying the course with ATI. Starting to look at led systems more seriously.

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly my thoughts to JMM744. Great light but the support has been poor and the cost is horrendous.

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the growth I get with t5s though so really reluctant to move away from them. I love the hybrid fixtures.

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Instead of buying the box, I bought just a control board to replace in the box. My T5s never had a problem. I replaced the board, didn’t help, so I did some tinkering, then reinstalled the board and had LED and T5 problems like you’re talking
... reinstalled the old board and bought a new controller box (big aluminum controller box) fixed the T5s, but still have a LED issue that I fix by just resetting the power at night on my Apex.
So getting a new box might fix it, but that’s a pricey try. It’s like 450USD.
It’s a great light when it works but it’s got faulty programming and poor user interface
What does the control board look like Nburg? Take it you can just open the silve or control box easily enough

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running a 8 by 36” that has one set of bulbs off. Replaced the ballast with no effect. My 24 sunpower needs a new control board and the 72” sunpower is still running just fine. Kind of mixed feelings about staying the course with ATI. Starting to look at led systems more seriously.
Their T5 only fixtures (sunpower) are fantastic, their foray into LEDs... not so much.

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think that's the right one. Just got an electric shock to add insult to injury lol

20200509_131607.jpg

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think that's the right one. Just got an electric shock to add insult to injury lol

20200509_131607.jpg
yep that's the board. Again, I had no T5 problems until I started tinkering. I messed them up, I think I shorted the new board, and they did what you described. Installed my old board and it worked fine.

20190121_194925.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 68 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.0%
Back