Ati powermodule hybrid 8 x 80w

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a love-hate relationship with my powermodule. I got it for super cheap used, its a beast of a light and great looking both color, shimmer and sleekness of the light, but the LEDs have a very high pitch tone when they are not 100% (i found out I am susceptible to high pitch frequencies) and the dimmer doesn't always change the LED program. I found a work-around, so not perfect, but better than getting a new light.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've put it back together now as dont know what else to do except buy another board from somewhere
Contact ATI and say you need a new controller. Worth a shot i guess. They don't do returns on parts, so it cost me $120 USD, which I thought was worth taking a chance rather than dropping a couple thousand on a new light.

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact ATI and say you need a new controller. Worth a shot i guess. They don't do returns on parts, so it cost me $120 USD, which I thought was worth taking a chance rather than dropping a couple thousand on a new light.
Think that's what I'm going to do and see if that helps of not it's a new control box at £392

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother -in-law used to play with electronics and always said he kept one hand in his pocket to avoid getting nailed working on tvs and stuff as there is usually current in them even when unplugged. Not being knowledgeable about electronics I avoid such situations.

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I give up now. Just plugged light back into power and its tripping the house electrics. Got no light now. Anybody want a free at powermodule I just want the f****** thing out my house

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll go down the giesemann stellar route and put my own leds on it. Ati absolute joke and I've had ati units a long while...but something goes wrong it all goes down the pan. Even the support was poor. Anybody want my light your welcome to it

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll go down the giesemann stellar route and put my own leds on it. Ati absolute joke and I've had ati units a long while...but something goes wrong it all goes down the pan. Even the support was poor. Anybody want my light your welcome to it
Ha! I said that so many times before but can't give up a still somewhat functional light. I want mine to die so I have an excuse to upgrade.

OP
OP
rileysreef4928

rileysreef4928

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I said that so many times before but can't give up a still somewhat functional light. I want mine to die so I have an excuse to upgrade.
I cant stand the sight of the thing now. I'm considering taking a hammer to it. Make me feel better.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 27 18.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 97 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back