ATI Test Results

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think misinformation is another big part. I tried your exercise, and found quite to contrary. This is from Fauna Marin's website, a trusted sponsor for R2R . Not saying this is correct or incorrect. Just stating it is difficult for the normal hobbyist to wade through all the information trying to decide what is fact or fiction.

Exactly. There's an endless amount of contradicting information in this hobby.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. There an endless amount of contradicting information in this hobby.

Definitely, and that’s why forums like this one exist. Not so much to tell someone what everyone else agrees with, like sodium bicarbonate is a useful alkalinity additive and here’s how much to dose, but to get to and discuss/debate the deeper and more complex chemistry issues that are not readily understood by most reefers or even reef supply and service companies.

Reef Labs Inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Decided to do my first ICP test after 17 years in the hobby. I have a 90g mixed reef (softies/LPS and SPS). Had a small Dino outbreak after my nutrients bottomed out but that's mostly under control now. Still decided that could not hurt to do an ICP after seeing good reviews here about them.

Anyway, here are the things they flagged as needing attention and not in the acceptable range. Would you follow these recommendations and if so in a certain order? Would think to start with Iodine first. And any suggests on what products to bring them up? Thanks all!!
  • Potassium supplement per day dose 33.57 ml for 3 days
  • Strontium Supplement per day dose 38.33 ml for 2 days
  • Molybdenum supplement per day dose 5.98 ml for 2 days
  • Manganese supplement per day dose 1.56 ml for 1 day
  • Iodine supplement per day dose 0.61 ml for 3 days
  • Barium supplement per day dose 14.61 ml for 2 days
  • Fluorine supplement per day dose 34.22 ml for 4 days

Quantity elements
Calcium442.1 mg/l385.4 mg/l+56.69 mg/l
high_med.png
Indicate
Potassium343.9 mg/l373.5 mg/l-29.62 mg/l
low_med.png
Indicate
Strontium5.11 mg/l7.32 mg/l-2.21 mg/l
low_med.png
Indicate
Fluoride0.39 mg/l1.19 mg/l-0.81 mg/l
low_med.png
Indicate
Trace elements
Iodine5.98 μg/l59.50 μg/l-53.52 μg/l
low.png
Indicate
Barium0.56 μg/l9.15 μg/l-8.59 μg/l
low.png
Indicate
Molybdenum3.95 μg/l10.99 μg/l-7.03 μg/l
low_med.png
Indicate
Manganesen.n.0.92 μg/l-0.92 μg/l
low_med.png
Indicate

You're right on the borderline for K where I've seen problems start. I would definitely suggest correcting K first. If you are keeping Goniopora, then I would also suggest supplementing Mn. Many species of Goniopora require a measureable amount of Mn to attain optimum health captive systems. I've confirmed this many times with our own clients results. After these, I would suggest correcting Sr, I, and Mo, in that order.

Ba doesn't have any known biological value, so I would avoid doing anything with it. F is interesting, but I think the verdict isn't out yet. Also, over supplementing F can have severe effects.

As far as products, I highly recommend Reef Blueprint. I've tested these products in our lab and can confirm they have the lowest levels of contaminants that I've yet seen.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back