ATI Testing Post COVI-19

tylr9m482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any information on the current situation at ATI testing. I am curious if they are still open and conducting test kits right now (4/2/20) as I was thinking about buying one and sending it out as we have all had a lot more time to tinker with our tanks laterly. But I'm not sure if I want to send out the kit if no one is there to receive it or if it will take much longer to get the results. I know it typically says 2-3 weeks for results which I am fine with. Really I don't mind waiting even longer but does the quality of my water sample diminish over time if no one is testing it?

If anyone has sent out a test kit recently and has deeper insight to any of my concerns it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they do anything else? Their website doesn’t indicate. Do they test themselves or is it outsourced to a lab? If it’s just a dude with some test equipment at home, as long as the Mail is running you’re probably ok. If it’s outsourced to a lab, testing aquarium water may the low man if they can repurpose equipment to aid the current strain in the medical community.

OP
OP
tylr9m482

tylr9m482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To my understanding, it is sent to a lab in Germany to be tested but that's all I really know. The website does not share any other information changing the process due to COVID-19.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my understanding, it is sent to a lab in Germany to be tested but that's all I really know. The website does not share any other information changing the process due to COVID-19.
Are you in GE or another EU country? Might want to take a look at what is getting through the borders now with everyone laying on different restrictions.

OP
OP
tylr9m482

tylr9m482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nope USA, I'll call the local post office tomorrow and ask, that's a good point. Anyone else recently send out one of these tests?

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope USA, I'll call the local post office tomorrow and ask, that's a good point. Anyone else recently send out one of these tests?
Yup sent mine yesterday. According to the site...no change in testing times.

From the site:

NEWS: Covid-19 has no influence on laboratory operation. You can send in your samples as usual. After receiving the sample, we currently need 2 working days to complete your results.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure it’ll get done then, but I’d expect to see a jump in the time to process if you’re sending it across the pond.

OP
OP
tylr9m482

tylr9m482

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup sent mine yesterday. According to the site...no change in testing times.

From the site:

NEWS: Covid-19 has no influence on laboratory operation. You can send in your samples as usual. After receiving the sample, we currently need 2 working days to complete your results.

Awesome, thank you! Makes me feel better knowing you got that message.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back