ATK issue, help please

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

my ATK is not working properly. The water goes below the “low” sensor and the sensors goes to the “open” position but the pump does not come in to replace the water.
I just changed out the “low” sensor for a brand new one and it will change from open to closed positions appropriately, but the pump will not come on.

I can turn the ATK “on” in fusion and the pump will pump water so the pump works.

not sure where the problem is? Any thoughts?

thanks.

OP
OP
N

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9ED5B7D9-3F85-48EC-A738-DBE4BA4CC2E1.png

OP
OP
N

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the basic settings from fusion when you setup the ATK from the task manager.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the basic settings from fusion when you setup the ATK from the task manager.

Yeah they look good. Have you gone into Apex local and made sure sensors are on optical sensor? (under module config tab) It's listed under you FFM #

OP
OP
N

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they look good. Have you gone into Apex local and made sure sensors are on optical sensor? (under module config tab) It's listed under you FFM #

Yes first thing I checked. When the sensor goes bad they can change their type. Mine says optical sensor.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other thing I can think of is try re-doing your ATK under tasks function in Fusion. I had similar issues w/Vers 1 a couple of years ago and had to do that.

OP
OP
N

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only other thing I can think of is try re-doing your ATK under tasks function in Fusion. I had similar issues w/Vers 1 a couple of years ago and had to do that.

I already tried redoing the task function...

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you raise the sensor holder assembly above water line does the pump trigger?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I responded to your question in the Neptune Forum, but will repeat it here:

How long did you wait? The default programming on the ATK only allows it to run every 60 minutes regardless of how low the water is. Read my ATK tutorial for a detailed description of the programming and how it’s designed to work: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptun...f-kit-atk.692/

OP
OP
N

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you raise the sensor holder assembly above water line does the pump trigger?

no it does not the switch will change to open but the pump will not come on, BUT likely due to the what was said about only allowing it to come on once every 60 minutes. That makes sense now.

OP
OP
N

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I responded to your question in the Neptune Forum, but will repeat it here:

How long did you wait? The default programming on the ATK only allows it to run every 60 minutes regardless of how low the water is. Read my ATK tutorial for a detailed description of the programming and how it’s designed to work: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptun...f-kit-atk.692/

thank you that makes sense and is probably it.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you that makes sense and is probably it.

Enable logging on the output so you can later review the log to see its activity. You'll likely see it turn on once per hour.

OP
OP
N

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enable logging on the output so you can later review the log to see its activity. You'll likely see it turn on once per hour.

well that’s not it! Just got home after being gone all afternoon and the water level is low in the return section! Well below the low sensor.

so what’s going on? Why won’t the pump kick on? There are no alarms or anything. The pump won’t kick on when the low sensor is “open”/water Below it.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the output slider in the AUTO position?

Is the FMM’s power adapter plugged into an outlet that’s on? If it’s plugged into an EnergyBar, it needs to be programmed for Always On.

Go through the troubleshooting steps in my ATK tutorial linked above for more things to check.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well that’s not it! Just got home after being gone all afternoon and the water level is low in the return section! Well below the low sensor.

so what’s going on? Why won’t the pump kick on? There are no alarms or anything. The pump won’t kick on when the low sensor is “open”/water Below it.

You might try resetting the FMM with a paper clip and then go thru the "tasks" routine & set your ATK as a new unit. If that doesn't cure it, I suspect you have a bad FMM - IMO

OP
OP
N

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the output slider in the AUTO position?

Is the FMM’s power adapter plugged into an outlet that’s on? If it’s plugged into an EnergyBar, it needs to be programmed for Always On.

Go through the troubleshooting steps in my ATK tutorial linked above for more things to check.

do you mean is the ATK on “auto” or is the ATK pump on “auto”?

everything is plugged into an energy bar.

this ATK was working perfectly until this morning and I did not change any settings. All of a sudden the water level would drop below the low sensor and the pump would not kick on. I did not change anything. I replaced the low sensor thinking it was bad, but not such luck...

I’m going to try to delete the 60 minute defer time and see what happens when I place the low sensor above the water level.

Just weird as I didn’t change anything.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under ideal circumstances, you would only have a single ATK output, which is tied to the FMM's 24v Accessory port where the pump is connected, and the FMM's power adapter plugged into a normal wall outlet or a power strip. Since you have the FMM's power adapter connected to the EnergyBar, that's why you have a 2nd ATK-related output. The one where the power adapter is plugged in needs to be programmed for "Always ON" because if it's off at the time the sensor tries to turn on the pump, but the power adapter output is off, then the pump won't have any power.

Please follow the exact steps in the troubleshooting section of my ATK tutorial. That will help you rule out other possible problems.

OP
OP
N

nbd13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under ideal circumstances, you would only have a single ATK output, which is tied to the FMM's 24v Accessory port where the pump is connected, and the FMM's power adapter plugged into a normal wall outlet or a power strip. Since you have the FMM's power adapter connected to the EnergyBar, that's why you have a 2nd ATK-related output. The one where the power adapter is plugged in needs to be programmed for "Always ON" because if it's off at the time the sensor tries to turn on the pump, but the power adapter output is off, then the pump won't have any power.

Please follow the exact steps in the troubleshooting section of my ATK tutorial. That will help you rule out other possible problems.

yes, that makes sense and the outlet for the power adapter is an “always on” outlet and turned to the “on” position. Not the “auto” one on the slider bar.

when I redid the ATK task manager just now and moved the ATK above the water level the pump kicked on. When I submerged the low sensor the pump kicked off.

so I have no idea what’s going on. Both sensors are functioning correctly and move from open to closed appropriately.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back