Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

shakygator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't it possible for the ATO to malfunction and pump all top off water into sump?

Yes - which is why my ATO is only a 5 gallon bucket for a ~200G system. The ATO would run dry before it causes an issue.

Worth noting this has never happened in over 5 years of operation. What has happened though was a float valve failure - actually not quite as the 1/4" tubing came out from the float valve and flooded my fish room. If this was connected in the sump, could have proved disastrous. Reminds me...I should buy a leak detector.

OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was the last time you replaced sensors? The Version 2 sensors are better, I had same issues on both of my tanks but since updating sensors and a quick brush with toothbrush weekly when I'm testing tanks, they've worked flawlessly.
yup, early adopters curse; got V1, so as you know I’m on my 3rd set.
I had a ton if issues with my ATK gen 1 for a long time.
New sensors, updating all modules, and replacing the pump with a solenoid seemed to fix the issues.
I also had it where my apex would randomly reassign my probes to different outlets. I think updating my module fixed that.

Most of Neptunes gear is solid; maybe not the ATK v1 (probably why there’s a v2) ....so I.also think updating your module fixed you; unfortunately for me ;)

OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: weird, a couple days ago one FMM started working then stopped. I ran the ATK wizard again and found a old output name in my email alarm code. Looks like that fixed it, hopefully.

can't help with the going offline issue, but if my optical sensor gets dirty it won't fill, i have to clean mine once a week, quick scrub with a toothbrush right in the sump gets it working again.

Yeah I learned that lesson back with the V1 opticals which turned “rusty” for lack of a better explanation. I’ve been putting Kalk in my top off so in addition to wearing out pumps it also clouds those sensors, so I routinely scrub them with a toothbrush. This time I went back and used vinegar, I’m hoping that did the trick. Thanks Big

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back