ATK v2 pump runs for 1-2 seconds stops/starts. Anyone every bring one of these back from the dead?

Gut Pile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviews indicate these things last about a year if that. Should have read them first. No response from Neptune. They are probably tired of hearing from me after going through so many Apex units. Finally on one that works btw. So throw it in the trash and buy a Tunze? Pump has no obstructions. Looks clean just does not want to do more than spin up and stop. Ruled out all the other ATK/Apex related issues. I'm running it on full/manual.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you're having issues. The gen 1 sensors & pumps had issues but since gen 2 all seems better. I went 2 years on gen 1 stuff until they "went south". But I'm going on 4 years plus on 2 tanks and no issues.
You wouldn't be dosing kalk via your ATO tank would you? Kalk is abrasive and destroys pumps in short order regardless of whos brand.

OP
OP
G

Gut Pile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you're having issues. The gen 1 sensors & pumps had issues but since gen 2 all seems better. I went 2 years on gen 1 stuff until they "went south". But I'm going on 4 years plus on 2 tanks and no issues.
You wouldn't be dosing kalk via your ATO tank would you? Kalk is abrasive and destroys pumps in short order regardless of whos brand.
Nope. Just just sits in the ato with rodi.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back