ATO Containers

  • Thread starter Thread starter mtraylor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
2,878
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking for a small ATO container for a 10 gallon nano build. I have my main display and frag tanks directly hooked to RO/DI Unit so I have never needed an ATO reservoir. But hooking that little 10 gallon tank to my RO/DI will just exhaust my DI too quick. So looking to put this under the tiny stand i have. They are nice and compact and will slide in the cabinet.

i have been looking at the following 2, but this just seems expensive. Anyone using these. Please let me know pros/cons. the lids on the advanced seem nice to keep evaporation down.

1.
https://advancedacrylics.com/collections/auto-top-off/products/copy-of-10-gal-black-ato-1
2.
https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/pr...line-3-inch-2-5-gallon?variant=43275445862613
 
I’ve had an narrow 10g advanced acrylics behind my stand with the refill opening at the edge of my stand for easy refilling access. Yes, i like the door / cover. Agree they are expensive, but I’ve had mine 7+ish years, no regrets.
 
If you need the style and flashy look of a designed ATO reservoir those seem a good option ( pricey), but if all you need is a container I've seen more than a couple reefers in my area use food grade plastic dog/cat food containers. Petco/Petsmart/amazon all have tons of sizes.
 
For example:

Screenshot_20221022-184552.png
 
Well, I think the key thing is you wanted something to fit inside your stand. I chose a large glass ball type jar that I got at marshalls/ross I think it holds 1.5 or 2g Then I got a bamboo lid from Ikea and drilled holes in it. I fill it every week or so depending.
 
I went into the lfs and asked for a empty water jug for this purpose .

a 16L just is what I walked out with .. and it was free .
Exactly what I use as my ATO.

If you want flashy, check out building an obsession. They are an acrylic fabricator, and will cutom make what you want, they are not cheap, but their quality is second to none.
 
Exactly what I use as my ATO.

If you want flashy, check out building an obsession. They are an acrylic fabricator, and will cutom make what you want, they are not cheap, but their quality is second to none.
I’m ok with what I have .
works great .
 
Thanks for all the ideas. Keep them coming.

Looks like advance acrylics has really bad reputation and you will be lucky if you get anything from them. If you do... it will be many months later. Tried to call them and number is delisted so not even sure they are in business. Anyway. Will call tenacor now.

Yes I'm looking for something no wider than 3 inches. Could possibly squeeze 4. Looking for skinny jug at Walmart now....but ones I found were wider.
 
I have a similar sized tank and use like a Rubbermaid plastic juice container (might be a different brand idk). Think it holds 1 gallon but seems to last quite a while so far.
 

Attachments

  • 20221028_095155.jpg
    20221028_095155.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 152

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new