ATO Neptune help

MacieKnis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I woke up this morning and noticed my return pump was low and blowing some oxygen into the tank. I’m having trouble understanding my Neptune ATO. I’ve read that if the light is blue, it’s synced and ready. If I mess with it, it turns green and pumps water. I’m not sure if it’s consistently working. There is a float valve, but I’m not sure if that is even synced. It doesn’t alarm like I’ve read if the water gets too high or too low. Any suggestions on how to figure this thing out?

Attachments

• IMG_4597.mov
    53.2 MB

rongy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Did you run it in standalone? I think blue means it’s ready. Test it by moving the sensor out of the water and into the water. You need to unplug/plug the ATO every time to test it because by default it runs once a hour.

OP
OP
MacieKnis

MacieKnis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you run it in standalone? I think blue means it’s ready. Test it by moving the sensor out of the water and into the water. You need to unplug/plug the ATO every time to test it because by default it runs once a hour.
Yes, the pump is in a bucket of water and the hose goes to my sump where the detector is and (should) refill there.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back