ATO PROGRAMMING

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still struggling with programming my APEX ATO. Currently it has topped off past the upper and lower optic sensors creating an alarm. Is there something wrong with my output program?
E0D77DD9-1A8A-4897-ACE1-DFB6642FF3E9.png

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your code looks good. Here's mine. The extra lines are not need.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sump_L OPEN Then ON
If Sump_H CLOSED Then OFF
If Res_Lo OPEN Then OFF
Defer 000:30 Then ON
Defer 000:15 Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

Also check your sensors are clean and seated into the fmm all the way. Also in the fmm mine has change from optical to flow.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your code looks good. Here's mine. The extra lines are not need.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Sump_L OPEN Then ON
If Sump_H CLOSED Then OFF
If Res_Lo OPEN Then OFF
Defer 000:30 Then ON
Defer 000:15 Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF
Min Time 030:00 Then OFF

Also check your sensors are clean and seated into the fmm all the way. Also in the fmm mine has change from optical to flow.
This^ in addition, verify the opticals show the correct state of CLOSED = covered with water, OPEN = above water after checking they are seated properly and set to optical in the FMM module setup.

When testing, you can temporarily remove the Min Time line so you don't have to wait 30 minutes between tests and then add it back once you have verified it is functioning properly.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This^ in addition, verify the opticals show the correct state of CLOSED = covered with water, OPEN = above water after checking they are seated properly and set to optical in the FMM module setup.

When testing, you can temporarily remove the Min Time line so you don't have to wait 30 minutes between tests and then add it back once you have verified it is functioning properly.
Do you see anything wrong with my email alarms? DEF87E2D-11C9-4CF9-B8B2-35A32B46BC9D.png

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have Error AUTO TOPOFF in line three. Will that cover any issues with the topoff that I need to be aware of?
It tells you the most important one. The if Error tells you if the pump tried to run longer than the When Statement duration and was latched off to manual OFF. If/when that happens, you can investigate why and set the pump back to auto if all looks good.

The issue this won't notify you for is if the ATO hasn't ran for a while because the optical sensor is dirty. That can be done using a virtual output like this

LowSump
Set OFF
If ATOlow CLOSED Then ON
Defer 300:00 Then ON

Email add
If Output LowSump = ON Then ON

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It tells you the most important one. The if Error tells you if the pump tried to run longer than the When Statement duration and was latched off to manual OFF. If/when that happens, you can investigate why and set the pump back to auto if all looks good.

The issue this won't notify you for is if the ATO hasn't ran for a while because the optical sensor is dirty. That can be done using a virtual output like this

LowSump
Set OFF
If ATOlow CLOSED Then ON
Defer 300:00 Then ON

Email add
If Output LowSump = ON Then ON
I’m trying to figure out why my ATO has started filling my sump up to and beyond the optical sensors. Is it possible the label I put on the outside of the sump, it was directly across from the sensors, interfered with them.

Attachments

• B3251C62-AADB-4F58-B3C5-3AEDA4737003.jpeg
    B3251C62-AADB-4F58-B3C5-3AEDA4737003.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 21

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to figure out why my ATO has started filling my sump up to and beyond the optical sensors. Is it possible the label I put on the outside of the sump, it was directly across from the sensors, interfered with them.
Where you put the label is where it should fill to once everything is tested and working properly.

The label would not interfere in any way.

Check the FMM module setup that optical is checked and connections fully seated, test the opticals show closed when covered and you should be good.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If above all checks out, it's probably a siphon issue. Make sure the siphon break is installed above the water level of your ato reservoir and sprays water out when the ATO is running.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it physically filling to the top sensor or is it just apex reporting the top senor?
make sure your sensors are plugged in and labeled properly.

Make sure the bottom sensor is plugged into the port labeled low.
And that the top sensor is plugged into the port labeled high.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 64 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back