ATO pumping ~12'

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to scrap my basement sump idea, on my 180 gallon Reef tank coming together.

However, to add water to cover evaporation, I need to pump from a basement reservoir to the tank, which is about 12' high.

I plan on using the Tunze 3155, which I've used with success on 2 current tanks, however, I'm wondering what kind of pump can be used with this Tunze ATO?

Anyone pump ATO water a far distance, in excess of what a typical ATO pump can do? Looking for pump ideas.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to scrap my basement sump idea, on my 180 gallon Reef tank coming together.

However, to add water to cover evaporation, I need to pump from a basement reservoir to the tank, which is about 12' high.

I plan on using the Tunze 3155, which I've used with success on 2 current tanks, however, I'm wondering what kind of pump can be used with this Tunze ATO?

Anyone pump ATO water a far distance, in excess of what a typical ATO pump can do? Looking for pump ideas.
Spectrapure liter meter 3 will do it.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back