ATO pumping ~12'

JMetaxas

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to scrap my basement sump idea, on my 180 gallon Reef tank coming together.

However, to add water to cover evaporation, I need to pump from a basement reservoir to the tank, which is about 12' high.

I plan on using the Tunze 3155, which I've used with success on 2 current tanks, however, I'm wondering what kind of pump can be used with this Tunze ATO?

Anyone pump ATO water a far distance, in excess of what a typical ATO pump can do? Looking for pump ideas.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've decided to scrap my basement sump idea, on my 180 gallon Reef tank coming together.

However, to add water to cover evaporation, I need to pump from a basement reservoir to the tank, which is about 12' high.

I plan on using the Tunze 3155, which I've used with success on 2 current tanks, however, I'm wondering what kind of pump can be used with this Tunze ATO?

Anyone pump ATO water a far distance, in excess of what a typical ATO pump can do? Looking for pump ideas.
Spectrapure liter meter 3 will do it.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%

Back