ATO recommendations

MentalNote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze Osmolator 3155. Yes, there are cheaper options, but I found this one to be extremely reliable. But once, cry once.

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm using 3 tunze 3155 osmolator on 3 different tanks, the oldest unit I have is proble 6 years old. Never had any issues, I did had to replace the pump which is around $25 or so...

I tried the 3152 nano osmolator and had issues with them even after it was replaced under warranty. So ended up replacing with the 3155 full osmolator.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze nano had some bad review on BRS. I will go for regular Tunze. Only problem is cost. That ATO is too expansive.
The Tunze Osmolator is the best ATO on the market hands down.
Full size Tunze Osmolator will probably get the most votes here.

For what it's worth, my XP Aqua Duetto has operated flawlessly for the past year.

Hands down the best ATO made. Actually only ATO I've ever used for as long as I can remember (they really don't break). Replacement pump is inexpensive and they can push a good distance. Literally set-it-and-forget-it until you need to add top-off. Even better if you somehow plumb an RO/DI unit to the ATO container. You never have to really worry ever again.

Totally worth the cost. No Apex needed a plus.

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using the Innovative Marine Hydrofill controller and matching pump for about 18 months and it's been rock solid. The 2 pieces together total about $140 if I recall. Super happy with it and actually surprised nobody else has commented that they too are using it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back