ATO Solenoid leaking

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added the XP Aqua Flood Guardian to my system after the "great flood". I mounted the solenoid after the RODI and set the sensor in the ATO reservoir. I got up yesterday morning to a puddle on the floor. It looks like there is a small split in the housing of the solenoid. There has also been this hissing noise every time the RODI makes water. I double checked and the leak was not coming from the fittings, it is most definitely coming from the "box" part of the solenoid.
Is this just a defective solenoid or is this a symptom of back pressure? Did I install it in the correct orientation? They did not provide clear instructions, so I winged it. I already contacted XP Aqua customer service. Ironic that the Flood Guardian is leaking but I trust that they will address the issue. Any advice is appreciated

XP Aqua.jpg PXL_20210710_162049645 (1).jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I added the XP Aqua Flood Guardian to my system after the "great flood". I mounted the solenoid after the RODI and set the sensor in the ATO reservoir. I got up yesterday morning to a puddle on the floor. It looks like there is a small split in the housing of the solenoid. There has also been this hissing noise every time the RODI makes water. I double checked and the leak was not coming from the fittings, it is most definitely coming from the "box" part of the solenoid.
Is this just a defective solenoid or is this a symptom of back pressure? Did I install it in the correct orientation? They did not provide clear instructions, so I winged it. I already contacted XP Aqua customer service. Ironic that the Flood Guardian is leaking but I trust that they will address the issue. Any advice is appreciated

XP Aqua.jpg PXL_20210710_162049645 (1).jpg
Likely the source and I would contact manufacturer and attach what are good photos.
In the mean time, you can turn it off and apply aquarium sealant such as aqueon which will cure within a couple of hours to prevent any leakage

Dorn and Victoria

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine started leaking last week. I took the cover off and it looked like mine was leaking up the valve stem. Prob a bad o ring I’d guess but haven’t looked at it further. It’s less than 6 months old....

OP
OP
CMMorgan

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely the source and I would contact manufacturer and attach what are good photos.
In the mean time, you can turn it off and apply aquarium sealant such as aqueon which will cure within a couple of hours to prevent any leakage
I have some aquarium silicone. I had not thought of that. Great idea!!! That will hold it over.
I have had to contact the customer service folks at XP Aqua and Auto Aqua in the past. XP has always had great service. Auto Aqua - not so much. I need to replace the Auto Aqua AWC because the controller has always been glitchy. I did not care when the sump was in the garage. Now that it is in the house, I don't trust it. Debating between the Tunze Osmolator or the XP Aqua Duetto. Neither will do the AWC, only the ATO. It seems that no one but Auto Aqua makes a AWC and they lost my trust.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back