ATO Tunze 3155 vs v3

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tinklez
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
i upgrade to v3 for noise, liked it, still wrapped it in some vinyl tubinng though to quiet it up even more. really nice now.
Resurrecting your note... how did you wrap it? Do you have a post on here explaining?
 
The Osmolator 3 has a temp sensor for redundancy and it works perfectly IME. The float switch was far more prone to errors if they got dirty and weren’t maintained. That was rare though

Both systems have been bulletproof for me but the new one is definitely an upgrade. The new pump being silent is worth it alone
I'm waiting till my 3155s die to buy the new 3 :D
 
Spectrapure ATO is excellent as well. I prefer not need the pump submerged and the pressure sensing tubes are long enough the magnets are clear of the water. I like that for magnets that are typically out of sight. I ran their last gen ATO for three years without changing the peri tube with no issues. It also allows you to use your main RO reservoir and pull from across your home. Save space in the cabinet and no longer tote water. It’s also great for vacations if your RO reservoir is setup to auto fill when empty. I’ve been using their latest gen on 600g for the last year with no issues. I’d guess it tops off 40-50g a week, depending on the time of year. My only complaint is the lack of mounting options for the pump/controller.
Loved that ATO. But here in Portugal its impossible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new