OP
JLowder

JLowder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a picture of the stand in my weld shop. Going into work tomorrow to finish it being that we are installing the tank on Monday morning. It’s built out of 316 Stainless Steel.

5360F42A-F469-47A5-921C-979105B3E057.jpeg

OP
OP
JLowder

JLowder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished the fold up maintenance steps today and got them bolted up to the stand.
Stand.jpg

Also got the small stands for the sumps, and installed the sumps as well. Should have the plumbing mostly complete over the weekend.
UV Sump.jpg

Sump 1.jpg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build is so epic! Where in the bay are you at? If you ever need help with anything shoot me a pm! I’m in Mountain View!

Cbenner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. Which MRC skimmer is that?

That is the Orca IV with auto wash down.
I spent many hours designing this system, the room is very narrow and there wasn’t much room for a sizable skimmer.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, are you completeling the build this weekend or will it take a bit longer than a couple days.
This system is a beast!

Cbenner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris, are you completeling the build this weekend or will it take a bit longer than a couple days.
This system is a beast!

Hey Gary,
How have you been?
I’ll be onsite all week, doing the plumbing this weekend while the workers our out of the building.
Some aqua scaping, wire management, and programming the controller throughout the week.
Hitting the LFS’s, and eating some good food! Might get some site seeing in if there’s time.

This was a tough design due to room limitations, the filtration system is top notch, I had MRC build a split sump, the left sump has integrated UV, the right sump is basically more volume and return chamber.
There is a 14 sheer Tradewinds chiller sitting on the roof, that will be a split system as well, the exchanger will be plumbed into the return line and a line set ran to it from the rooftop compressor
It’s being lit with Reefbrite MH hybrids and some added XHO’s
Rolling water change system, light lifts.
I had many hours working on the design, doing drawings of the tank frames for Felix, working with James on the stand design, it’s an earthquake zone. Just making sure it’s all coming together flawlessly.

I’m excited to get onsite tomorrow and putting all the cool gear together!

I’m sure James and I will be updating the thread with some great pictures throughout the week as well.
It’s an Epic build!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 56 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back