Attaching corals to rock?

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a couple of frags and my question is do I remove coral from frag? Cut the plug? What kind of glue to use?

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For corals that are on some kind of plug, or piece of rock, i use miliput to attach them on scape in tank. U could use some ca gel with miliput to secure frag from dropping until miliput cures, but it's not necessary.....

As for frags that is not attached to anything, i use ca gel to glue it to some rubble piece first, then miliput.....

Or, plain rubber band and rubble if coral can't be glued (softies)....

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I got a couple of frags and my question is do I remove coral from frag? Cut the plug? What kind of glue to use?
I don't like the look of frag plugs in my tank so I remove the coral ( with the exception of soft corals) from the frag plug and use lots of Seachem Reef Glue or BSI IC-Gel thick super glue. Use lots and hold it in place for 10 seconds or so.
With softies I will usually clip off the bottom peg and trim off as much as I can of the top part without cutting into the coral and then glue that down.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most corals end up covering the frag plug when they grow so I glue the plug.

I cut the plug off the disk with wire cutters or dikes. . I use 2 Little Fishies epoxy Aqua Stik. Get the Aqua Stick mixed by rolling it in you fingers. Apply super glue, the thick type, to the bottom of the frag plug add the epoxy to the super glued plug . Put more super glue on the epoxy then press on the the spot on the rock. Hold for 30 seconds or so. The epoxy fills in the uneven spots the super glue makes it stick. Done

Back