Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I used frag glue and placed it onto a magnet and it grew like crazy

Hilltopreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice looking but what’s gonna stop them when they get to the other corals. They will overgrow them and smother them.

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using Gorilla Glue Gel, it never stuck the glass, it sticks easily to coralline, even if it’s just a little. This was frag, 8 months ago.
What I really was surprised is that with a credit card, it would come off in sheets......great for fragging...
CEAC8F69-F397-4012-89A3-0B1406770D15.jpeg
I know some folks don't like it because of the invasive nature but dang that looks beautiful!!!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up 2 wildly overgrown frags of GSP this morning. Cut the stems off the plugs and SG’d to the back glass. Still waiting for them to open. I literally did this about an hour ago.

saltwaterswiftie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve already mentioned keeping it away from your rock. So this is for any else who hasn’t experienced GSP. This stuff grows like Kudzu. It will smother other corals and can completely take over a tank. Beautiful but over prolific.
I am also thinking of keeping GSP on the back wall. I have just ordered my first coral (a zoa!). Is there a way to contain its growth? How do people stop it from taking over? Do you have to dig it out like a weed?

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also thinking of keeping GSP on the back wall. I have just ordered my first coral (a zoa!). Is there a way to contain its growth? How do people stop it from taking over? Do you have to dig it out like a weed?
As long as no rocks are touching your back wall, you'll be fine. It's pretty easy to cut to keep from going where you want it when it's on your back glass.

saltwaterswiftie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as no rocks are touching your back wall, you'll be fine. It's pretty easy to cut to keep from going where you want it when it's on your back glass.
perfect! Should I keep my rock a certain distance away? I have a rock arch that is about 1 inch clearance from the wall.
Is there anything you can add to the glass to prevent growth on the side walls?

CWalters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
perfect! Should I keep my rock a certain distance away? I have a rock arch that is about 1 inch clearance from the wall.
Is there anything you can add to the glass to prevent growth on the side walls?
Rock 1 inch away should be fine. You aren't going to prevent it from going anywhere. It'll go where it wants, just have to keep cutting it back when it gets there.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back