ATTENTIon.!! ANYONE IN Memphis That can help SExy ouT? PLEASE!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously! They can't find it now??!! This is a rollercoaster!

Well, hopefully it still all shakes out well. BUT if they end up not being able to find it, I would say that since they now cannot even locate the box is should be something they will reimburse if the unspeakable happens.

And yes, mad props to Barrett, I got warm fuzzies and am still hoping for a mad happy ending! YIKES! 4:42 EST??!!

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't that why they bar code scan everything? So they know exactly which container it is in? That is just simply unacceptable.

It seems like it would be in FedEx or one of the big shippers to really own the live aquaria market and have special handling of those items. I know it is not HUGE, but has to make up a respectable market share and seems like it would make sense to be the "go to" guy when it comes to that. Got to make smart business decisions and all they are getting now is bad press. In business it seems like bad news always travels faster and farther than good news. Pretty basic business lesson.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed ex and UPS wont insure life animals. All guarantee voids with animals shipments , airlines same thing..i believe that is.

Fyi southwest reimbursed me for full declared value on shipping coral. I cant say what official policy is but it was remarkably hassle free. I always ship air cargo on large or very expensive if receiving party is willing to pick up at closest airport. I find southwest much better to deal with and in many cases shipment takes only 5 or 6 hours from my tank to receivers tank rather than 14 plus with overnight services. More work on part of customer and shipper though.

wetpetshawaii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there is a pet store in murfreesboro tennesee called jungle aquatics....the owners are exceptionally nice....perhaps that wont work I just calculated the distance and its 200 miles...

trying to get ahold of this guy.....

levar.....he lives right there in memphis and can rescue your package...so far no answer he is probably at work...

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was the last time you talk to the owner. They closed a long time ago. But yes he's 3.5 hr drive to Memphis.

greg0385

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know it doesn't help right now, but i live in middle TN, about 3hours from memphis,tn. if i had a tank set up(working on it now) i would def drive there and help you out. in the near future(month or so) i will be glad to drive there to help anybody out. just wish i had my 150 setup so i could help out. still need lights and and some vital equipment. working on the stand now. best of luck to you. let me know if i can help out in anyway. sorry i cant do more.
greg

wetpetshawaii

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When was the last time you talk to the owner. They closed a long time ago. But yes he's 3.5 hr drive to Memphis.

dont know...just trying to help...had no idea they shut down...perhaps ill keep my 2 cents to myself...

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Barrett that is graciously gonna pick it up for ne already guys.. But now I'm just waiting on fed-up to find the box :-(

WT INC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi southwest reimbursed me for full declared value on shipping coral. I cant say what official policy is but it was remarkably hassle free. I always ship air cargo on large or very expensive if receiving party is willing to pick up at closest airport. I find southwest much better to deal with and in many cases shipment takes only 5 or 6 hours from my tank to receivers tank rather than 14 plus with overnight services. More work on part of customer and shipper though.

good to know about SW..as the matter of fact , i am shipping a huge order next week via SW..not wanting to do Fed ex..just too heavy and risky. thank you )))

WT INC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Barrett that is graciously gonna pick it up for ne already guys.. But now I'm just waiting on fed-up to find the box :-(

man..i hope the find your box. i dont understand why ..they have been having mechanical issue with their planes last week.

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont know...just trying to help...had no idea they shut down...perhaps ill keep my 2 cents to myself...

It's cool 2cents help out alote of people. Lol
just wanted to inform you that he closed. All the LFS in the boro closed down. I like the jungle.

Cool mike I feel for the guy that was waiting on those corals. Hope all makes it to him.
Barrett is great person and those corals should be safe with him. Now hope fedex gets there act togather and finds the box.

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I can't express how grateful I am to have found Barrett. He even called me back cause he didn't hear from me within 2 hours to see if he misses my call. Unfortunately I had to tell him that idiot-ex still can't find the box.

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea man.. Just got of the phone with them. They said the guy that was looking for it got hungry and went on lunch then headed home. :-/ I don't get where the customer service is. They are about to lose a customer that spend alot of money shipping every month

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my advice to you,and take it!

Call up Idiot-Ex,and tell them that there is over $4500 worth of corals in the box,and that if they are absolutly lazy enough to not get up and find that box,that legal action will be taken and that this will not be left at "we cant locate the box" they know EXACTLY where that box is,and its there where they are able to pick it right up,threaten them with legal action and that should help greatly,lets just say I have had to do this more than 1 time...ok?

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my advice to you,and take it!

Call up Idiot-Ex,and tell them that there is over $4500 worth of corals in the box,and that if they are absolutly lazy enough to not get up and find that box,that legal action will be taken and that this will not be left at "we cant locate the box" they know EXACTLY where that box is,and its there where they are able to pick it right up,threaten them with legal action and that should help greatly,lets just say I have had to do this more than 1 time...ok?

This works, ive had fedex screw up incoming corals to me and I called and said"This is a $700 shipment and it will perish if it does not get to me by the end of today,im am very dissapointed......... etc." usually if you mention the value and the fact that it will die overnight they will try really hard to get the package...

SPS Addict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that sucks! Sorry to hear about this Mike. Did you insure the package at least?

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this sucks bro, last month we had that big snowstorm and 6 out of 8 packages got delayed (Acros, Chailces, Ricordia.) it took 2 days for UPS to deliver it but believe it or not all of the stuff survived! The packages went to Ca, Tn, PA, Fl, Ut, Tx, and I forget the others. I only used a 24 hour heatpack. Goodluck bro

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back