Attn Jebao wave maker users

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a 180 gallon tank, looking at the Jebao gyre style wave maker or the the SLW wave maker. Know they are not the best wave makers out there, just need decent flow until I save some pennies. Which would y’all recommend. Thanks in advance

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used the CP-120, CP-150, and the SCP-70M. So far no issues with any of the models and they are affordable. I had the CP-120 on my 120 gal DT, then later upgraded that to the CP-150. Flow is good for all models and I would recommend using the CP-150 for a 180 gallon tank. Hope that helps.

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up if you decide to purchase one. When first plugged in the flow is set to maximum, use caution and keep in mind what is in front of it at that moment. Things can get a sudden blast of flow.

Key West Storm GIF

Grill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Jebao SLW series I believe are designed for nano tanks. May not be a good fit for your 180.

OP
OP
MikeandDee

MikeandDee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And dummy comments like that is why newbies don’t make it in this hobby forum. It’s called prioritizing my needs for the setup I have, where I am at now and where I want to go. Comprehension might not be your thing as I said save pennies to buy a better wave maker, as in use for now and upgrade later! Hope you never get a mentor badge! dummy comment badge yea, mentor no, reading comprehension heck no!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get back on topic i use two of the scp-150 gyres in my 125. When i first installed them there was a humming noise the bugged me but they quickly quieted down. Now other than mine not having any kind of app to control them i dont see what any of the other brands of gyres offer that these cant do.

Overall i am very happy with them.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only use jebao pumps... They allow me to afford better lights and more coral! They may require more maintenance but going on 3 years now.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, but someone didn't like what they were reading, so we have to go back through and fix things.
Oh ok so someone reported it. I still thank it would’ve been better to just change the post(s) without bumping the thread though.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back