Auto feeder

Cscultho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add some automation to my fish feeding schedule plus prepare for going out of town.

What is the best auto feeders and which one do you recommend.

Thanks

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have liked the Eheim feeders personally.
I run 3x "Eheim Everyday" fish feeder on my nano tanks, they are great and definitely worth it!

Alternatively, have a look at the "Petbank" auto feeder off Amazon. Surprisingly good and easy to use.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with eheim reccos.

I use a small piece of duct tape to secure the opening size.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a lot more expensive, but I just started using the Avast Plank autofeeder and it is great. I like the auger design and the mixing chamber makes it so that a lot of the food stays in the tank, and doesn't stay on the surface and immediately go down the overflow. I've used the eheims in the past as well and had no issues with them either, they just aren't as nice as the avast.

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its a lot more expensive, but I just started using the Avast Plank autofeeder and it is great. I like the auger design and the mixing chamber makes it so that a lot of the food stays in the tank, and doesn't stay on the surface and immediately go down the overflow. I've used the eheims in the past as well and had no issues with them either, they just aren't as nice as the avast.
To add to this, their Reef Jerky food for the plank is fantastic! Fish go crazy for it. Most expensive fish feeder, but truly is the best in my experience. I never have to worry about the feeder accidentally not feeding or dumping excess food in the tank.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add to this, their Reef Jerky food for the plank is fantastic! Fish go crazy for it. Most expensive fish feeder, but truly is the best in my experience. I never have to worry about the feeder accidentally not feeding or dumping excess food in the tank.
Yes! I forgot to mention the reef jerky, my fish love it as well. Great point on the accidental feeding/dumping food. That's why I like the auger design, it controls the amount of food better.

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the f14 fishmate with an usb-aa battery.
IMG_20230115_112853249.jpg IMG_20230115_112559362_HDR.jpg
About once a month I have to take the wheel out and wipe with a cloth because some flake turn to powder. About 30$ total from Amazon.

Edit. Had to make a small notch in the battery cover for the power cable.

Edit 2. If I was to do it again, I'd just get this

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Eheim feeders. But the one I have, can't be used with frozen food. Is there another that I do't know about?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back