Auto Water Change

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use the Neptune dose. As mentioned it does take a long time. I change out 2 gallons per day and it takes 2 hours. My big question is where to pull water from and where to return it. Right now I'm pulling from my skimmer area and returning it to my return pump area. The dose pumps are set to do this at the same time. Seems like you would be eventually pulling out the same water you're returning. Does that make sense???
The chance of you pulling out the same water you are changing is incredibly small.....you have water moving through your sump at all times. Somebody did an experiment with this (BRS maybe?) which proved this. I also pull from my skimmer section and return to my return pump section.

ROBERT35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The chance of you pulling out the same water you are changing is incredibly small.....you have water moving through your sump at all times. Somebody did an experiment with this (BRS maybe?) which proved this. I also pull from my skimmer section and return to my return pump section.
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same, looks like the versa pumps would work great, but it's so hard to find them in stock. Next up is the X2SR but it seems like people hate the interface of the app.
The trick to getting Versa pumps is to find them on BRS (and other sites) and hit the button to have them notify you when they're in stock. When you get that email get to a computer and buy them ASAP. That's how I got mine. The time between getting the email and checking out was less than 90 seconds and they were sold out a few minutes later.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the GHL Maxi for my AWC over three days. Very quiet, I use the My GHL app for settings. Works great. Did I say the Maxi is quiet?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use the AutoAqua Smart AWC DUO. I have 2 of these units. Great system IMO.

Bada Bing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use the Neptune Dos.....yes, you need to use the Apex controller. I use two of them....one to dos ALK/Ca and one to do AWCs throughout the week.
Exactly what I do for a WB X90. One to supply Kalk stirrer and Soda Ash, the other for AWC of 4L per day. No need for fast if you do daily water changes.

Mikey-D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not anywhere near this process but it is something I have on the next phase list of things to master. When it comes to pulling from the mixed station does anyone have issues with salt drying up in the dosing lines and becoming an issue overtime. Maintenance wise do you have to add flushing lines once a week or so to the chore list?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not anywhere near this process but it is something I have on the next phase list of things to master. When it comes to pulling from the mixed station does anyone have issues with salt drying up in the dosing lines and becoming an issue overtime. Maintenance wise do you have to add flushing lines once a week or so to the chore list?
I have been running my AWC for about 2 years now and the lines have never needed rinsed out. I use reef crystals salt which causes a brown sludge in my mixing container and I’ve always wondered if it will eventually build up in my lines, but so far so good on mine.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just doing my research... Looking to pick one of these up for my build, still working good for you?
I'm not using mine currently because I'm between tanks, but it was working great when I took it down, and I plan to use it again on the new system.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back