Automatic filter roller options

E13MentX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any good options for automatic filter roller for my Red Sea 425xl sump? I looked into the Klir drop in ones but it seems like that will not fit the Red Sea sumps. Are there another options for drop in ones? Thanks in advance!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clarisea and X Filter are very good. I have an X Filter 1.7 in my big tank. This is easier to plumb in (I’ve had both)

You might have to alter the plumbing/sump design to fit one In whichever you choose

Im seriously thinking of buying a new sump for my S650 so I can easily install one.

OP
OP
E

E13MentX

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are nice ones but I’m trying to avoid any modifications if possible since everything is plumbed and already set up. Would be a pain to redo. But absolutely would consider those options on a new setup

Kjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are nice ones but I’m trying to avoid any modifications if possible since everything is plumbed and already set up. Would be a pain to redo. But absolutely would consider those options on a new setup
If you ever change your mind about pulling out some dividers, the Theiling Compact rollermat fits in the filter sock area of the current 425xl sump. You would just need to spend some time with a quality razor knife to remove the silicone. Well worth the effort though. Mine hangs on the glass between the sock compartment and the return chamber. In service for a year and I can't imagine life without one.
img_9754-jpg.1670838
IMG_9756.JPG

IMG_9754.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back