Automation: What do you have automated!

How much of your saltwater reef tank is automated?

• Nothing is automated

Votes: 83 14.3%
  • 25% or so

Votes: 174 30.1%
  • 50% or so

Votes: 123 21.2%
  • 75% or so

Votes: 132 22.8%
  • Close to 100%

Votes: 63 10.9%
  • Totally Automated (we need proof)

Votes: 4 0.7%

• Total voters

yusufhadiwinata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you saying because I have a passing interest in them I should build one and also name every brand?
hi

i think you want to build automatic water change? if yes, maybe i can help this thing, but since i dont have lot of experience on Automatic Water change in the market for feature reference, thats way i try ask you to help list existing Automatic water change in the market including the features

the list of features will be used to determine how to build our DIY automatic water change

sorry to make you confuse

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi

i think you want to build automatic water change? if yes, maybe i can help this thing, but since i dont have lot of experience on Automatic Water change in the market for feature reference, thats way i try ask you to help list existing Automatic water change in the market including the features

the list of features will be used to determine how to build our DIY automatic water change

sorry to make you confuse
Ah no worries

dhanking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATO and lights. I had pumps but could never figure out how to work them so I gave up after a while. then again, I haven't dosed in like.. a year now
If you only do water changes 20-10% a week, it is really important that you dose at certain intervals. I also thought that my water changes would take care of all the chemical needs of my tank but 20% water changes are not enough. Iodine and Alkalinity deplete extremely fast, and no 20% water change could replace it. Just the other day I dosed a iodine, and strontium and molybendum and the next day my corals were happier than they had been in months.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you only do water changes 20-10% a week, it is really important that you dose at certain intervals. I also thought that my water changes would take care of all the chemical needs of my tank but 20% water changes are not enough. Iodine and Alkalinity deplete extremely fast, and no 20% water change could replace it. Just the other day I dosed a iodine, and strontium and molybendum and the next day my corals were happier than they had been in months.
.... I haven't done water change in like.... 4 years now. lol.

low tech tank here.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better question is WHAT DONT I HAVE AUTOMATED?

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Previously I had ATO/Doser & auto Feeder.
Currently only have the ATO/Doser set up.
Feeder is there ready to go but I'm trying to monitor the feeding a little at the moment.

Screwgunner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I have two timers one for my LED'S and one for my algea turf scubber lights that is it. My 125 uses 1 gallon of water everyday. Top off that is. On Saturday I put 1/4 teaspoon reef builder in each of 7 gallon jugs . 5 ml. Neophos everything else I dose to my sump.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back