Avast Marine reactor

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to hook up my reactor that I've had for a couple of months now. Was waiting to do it when I setup my new sump, but I needed the pellets to be fully efficient as the ole eheim wasnt cutting it. So I unhooked the eheim and preceded to break it carrying to the tub. there were a thousand pieces of ecobak all over the bathroom floor. lost about 10 percent of the pellets:cry:...Glad I had the reactor:bigsmile:

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lost more ecobak due to spill than bacteria consuming it. I love my avast unit

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something just didnt feel right about being on my hands and knees picking up little white pieces off the bathroom floor.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be downtown til 1pm, so im just gonna drive straight from there. I emptied my inbox btw

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys like the ecobak stuff? I have never really tried anything like that and was just curious if you saw any improvements after starting using it and what they were?

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike. Untilled I got a decent reactor I thought it was snake oil. Now that I have learned the reactor is key. I am loving it.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have always been leery of a lot of products. I have seen some products I would even consider scams (ecoaqualizer anyone? :D). It is hard to know what is snake oil and what is legit. I may have to look into this stuff.

OP
OP
D

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys like the ecobak stuff? I have never really tried anything like that and was just curious if you saw any improvements after starting using it and what they were?

I can't say enough about how great these pellets are. I have been running them since my tank cycled about 10 months ago. I have not had detectable nitrates, and my highest phosphates have been 0.07 (hanna checker). And this was running them in a freakin canister filter, up until last night.

here's a good thread about ecobak
the official ECOBAK thread... - 3reef Forums

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back