View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
could someone, please tell me (honestly) what the—
  • "average (about normal)" price...
  • "good-deal (a total steal)" price...
  • "over-the-top (excessive)" price...
would likely be for any of the following torches? im just trying to get an idea of how to judge the prices im seeing from various vendors/sellers.

1. orange peel torch
2. dragon tamer torch
3. todd's torch
4. tiger torch
5. pre-nup torch
6. jester's court torch
7. malaysian hurricane torch

id be forever grateful, and indebted to you! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd look for someone local that might be selling frags. Usually much cheaper than playing the the goofy name game with people charging outrageous prices. You might find something that closely matches what you are looking for for a lot less.

OP
OP
Salty Sea Flowers

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Like trying to tell you which crypto currencies and NFTs are a good "deal". They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay until they aren't rare or popular anymore.
Exactly as MoshJosh said, if you aren’t willing to pay the price then it isn’t worth the price listed!
yeahhhhh— that actually makes a lot of sense! i hadn't thought about it this way! thank you, guys! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Salty Sea Flowers

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd look for someone local that might be selling frags. Usually much cheaper than playing the the goofy name game with people charging outrageous prices. You might find something that closely matches what you are looking for for a lot less.
thats really true! i totally agree with you!

its just that...

when you live out in BFE aka the boonies, where the closest legit LFS/coral shop is almost 2+ hours away and they definitely wouldnt have anything high-end-ish like that in stock, in the first place? LOL! it really narrows your resources down, a lot! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would just shop around at reputable dealers that you trust, compare their prices, and pull the trigger on a deal you feel comfortable with. . . knowing full well that your "investment" could very quickly lose it's value depending on the market.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats really true! i totally agree with you!

its just that...

when you live out in BFE aka the boonies, where the closest legit LFS/coral shop is almost 2+ hours away and they definitely wouldnt have anything high-end-ish like that in stock, in the first place? LOL! it really narrows your resources down, a lot! :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I live in the woods in north Idaho an hour plus from a real reef shop so I can relate.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever come out to San Diego check out Kung Fu Corals (KFC).

Lots of selection and they do ship but I think it's worth the airfare to get them in person.
GL

kung fu like a girl GIF by Shaw Brothers

OP
OP
Salty Sea Flowers

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Good dude who I personally bought torches from. He is just a fellow reefer so small operation but excellent quality.
niceeeee! that's perfect! sometimes, i actually prefer the small/hobbyist operations, over the big, popular, corporate vendors, you know? it's much more personable, and comfortable! again, thank you!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
niceeeee! that's perfect! sometimes, i actually prefer the small/hobbyist operations, over the big, popular, corporate vendors, you know? it's much more personable, and comfortable! again, thank you!
You're welcome and I agree. Supporting the small independent fellow reefer is always cool. He has all the fancy name torches too.

OP
OP
Salty Sea Flowers

Salty Sea Flowers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you ever come out to San Diego check out Kung Fu Corals (KFC).

Lots of selection and they do ship but I think it's worth the airfare to get them in person.
GL

kung fu like a girl GIF by Shaw Brothers
OHHHHwait!
i HAVE heard of them! unfortunately, im all the way in florida, but... i did happen to get my hands on a "KFC Honey Pot Torch"!

it's one of my favorite corals in my tank, and i always wondered what the "KFC" was an acronym for! nice! :D

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OHHHHwait!
i HAVE heard of them! unfortunately, im all the way in florida, but... i did happen to get my hands on a "KFC Honey Pot Torch"!

it's one of my favorite corals in my tank, and i always wondered what the "KFC" was an acronym for! nice! :D
I will say it again, it is worth the plane ticket :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I'm horrible with names, I think "Danny" is the owner of KFC and he has incredible stock but he is a hobbist at heart and it shows in his business. He developed the KFC dip to keep corals alive in his shop and shares the information to help out the community. Salt of the earth.

He's obviously not the only one, but I felt compelled to post. Hopefully folks will visit his shop and learn about his contributions to our hobby.

Good Night Reaction GIF

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 65 34.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back