Avoiding swings in a nano?

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
2,778
Reaction score
72
Location
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How should I top off my 20L nano to avoid quick salinity swings? I was thinking if dripping in water into the hob filter using small tubing tied into a lose knot. Any other ideas?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
 
That should be more than good enough, I have a 12 gal n pour my top off water in slowly with a gallon jug on top of the powerhead, nothing in my tank seems to mind too much.. fish even come up to swim in the fresh water every time. We drip acclimate fish and corals so dripping into your h.o.b. filter can't be much different if it's even as drastic of a salinity swing as acclimation. Any a.t.o. I've ever seen puts water in faster than a drip system anyways.
 
i have a cute little purple cup with an airline valve super glued in it's fanny! Supplements are mixed (separately) in with R/O, and a very slow drip is started, without any sucking! (Cup does not have to be purple!)
 
I'm literally living off of ramen noodles and soup right now. lol! Just graduated from UF so I'm still poor.
 
LOL, I'll be in your position in 2 yrs!
Just do a gravity ATO system then. It'll be pretty cheap I bet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new