OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 25 Lagoon, using the AWC as well... I have my heater in the second chamber from left as that water level doesnt fluctuate.
Good to know it doesn't fluctuate! I just added the IM Refugium to that chamber to grow pods for my pink streaked wrasse and tank. I'm glad the water isn't draining from them with every water change! I would have used that chamber if I wasn't already using it.

How do you like the AWC? I'm finding that the ATO works perfectly but I've only used the AWC manually so far. I plan to program it for when I go on vacation though. Have you had any hiccups?

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know it doesn't fluctuate! I just added the IM Refugium to that chamber to grow pods for my pink streaked wrasse and tank. I'm glad the water isn't draining from them with every water change! I would have used that chamber if I wasn't already using it.

How do you like the AWC? I'm finding that the ATO works perfectly but I've only used the AWC manually so far. I plan to program it for when I go on vacation though. Have you had any hiccups?
I have my AWC set to daily... I have caught it twice not breaking the siphon when finished pulling out water from the tank, I'm not sure why the siphon break isnt kicking in... I have the drain pump in the same department as the heater (second from left). Will keep an eye on it tonight when it does its auto water change and see why siphon isnt breaking.

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have caught it twice not breaking the siphon when finished pulling out water from the tank, I'm not sure why the siphon break isnt kicking in..
That's a little scary. Do you have the arrows on the siphon breaks facing in the right direction, which is the direction of the water flow?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Indeed... Triple checked when I installed it... I've had to pull the tubing off in order for it to stop both times.
Sometimes the tiny oriface gets clogged. Would be more of an issue on an AWC pushing salt water so I would check that.
Mines only clogged with kalk dosing.

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. That's pretty disturbing. I've only run it twice manually, and both times it tripped off. If I were you, I'd stick around for the water changes. Have you tried contacting the company? I don't feel good about running it on auto when I'm away now. And it seemed like such a great system.

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. That's pretty disturbing. I've only run it twice manually, and both times it tripped off. If I were you, I'd stick around for the water changes. Have you tried contacting the company? I don't feel good about running it on auto when I'm away now. And it seemed like such a great system.
Ive only run it 3 times... First time was a manual test and worked perfect, second time I heard my return pump struggling bc no water. Unplugged all pumps from controller... Water kept flowing. Pulled tube off siphon break, it stopped. Third time I watched it do the same so was able to catch.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not setting up a siphon break correctly will make even the smartest people pull their hair out at first......

I thought i was going crazy but alas.....physics.....lol.

OP
OP
S

SeaShine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive only run it 3 times... First time was a manual test and worked perfect, second time I heard my return pump struggling bc no water. Unplugged all pumps from controller... Water kept flowing. Pulled tube off siphon break, it stopped. Third time I watched it do the same so was able to catch.
Maybe the break is clogged as Saltyreef suggested? However, why would it clog after only three uses? It doesn't make sense. I guess unplugging the controller won't do anything to stop the flow once it's going without a working breaker. I wonder if this is a common problem. I do know they discontinued the model I have and now have another one. I had mine sitting around over a year before I finally set it up.

FoolishWizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not setting up a siphon break correctly will make even the smartest people pull their hair out at first......

I thought i was going crazy but alas.....physics.....lol.
Need to stick a needle in the orifice and see if clogged.
Image for install direction: IMG_9413.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back