Awesome Jellyfish Aquariums! Anyone seen these before?

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While strolling through the elbows of people at Aquashella today, my kids and I came across the most interesting tank but it had jellyfish! We had to pick one up as something like this is usually only seen at the beach far south, making this a really cool find. Anyone seen any of these tanks before and have any thoughts or experience with Jellyfish?

Would welcome any thoughts or questions! I bought the smaller one for a reasonable price, should be here in a few days.

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I've seen these. Super cool, but being in Canada I think it's a no-go for shipping unfortunately.
Maybe. I just talked to them today and my local LFS stated he would pick some up for the store. I probably could work something out if you'd like?

neo1738

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had one of their very early models. Way it works is they send you the tank kit etc and then you send them a notice you are ready to get your jelly. They send you the jelly in the mail. Was a cool kit unfortunately my mother killed the JF while I was away on vacation but was cool the 4 mo I had him.

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback! @neo1738 we are looking forward to getting them! I wonder if one can use something like Fritz Turbo Start 900 or similar to jump start the tank?

I don't really want to pay 80 for a sponge with some bacteria on it and from what I read with Randy Homes-Farley on Purigen and Phosguard (ChemiPure Blue), I don't know I want aluminum in there.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back