Axolotl eggs hatched

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 of my axolotl’s eggs hatched. Last time around (they lay eggs every 6 months) it was a complete fail. This is the second time so I decided I was gonna leave everything in the tank to mimic what goes on in the wild. Once they hatched we took them out and put them in mason jars. When more hatch they will get their own little tubaware.

Now I gotta race to find daphnia because in 72 hours they are gonna be hungry.

their names are Alberto, Clarence and Robocop

5F153FFC-5832-4174-A1AE-3C64DE807790.jpeg FF72EC23-D67F-4BF6-AFE7-A413F00FA6C1.jpeg 59109928-5A08-478D-BE60-F406F2F35D3A.jpeg A6345B1B-6CC3-4A66-9082-363C919CD078.jpeg 5C806EBC-B748-42FD-B36C-A29C88335118.jpeg

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whhhhaaaaat!!! I have always wanted an axolotl! But they are illegal and hard to find in California. :/
Let me know if you are close by and wanna strike a (moderately illegal) deal! haha

Well....if its out of state.....it would not be illegal then, would it? ;Pompus

OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whhhhaaaaat!!! I have always wanted an axolotl! But they are illegal and hard to find in California. :/
Let me know if you are close by and wanna strike a (moderately illegal) deal! haha

Well....if its out of state.....it would not be illegal then, would it? ;Pompus

why are they illegal in California? For such a beautiful state there sure are some dumb laws

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why are they illegal in California? For such a beautiful state there sure are some dumb laws
Well....we are not so beautiful right now (thanks to the fires). So not sure what we have going for us at this point lol. Why they are illegal, I have no friggin clue. There are a good chunk of Cali laws that make you scatch your head.

Being that I am a Californian (21 years and counting unfortunately), it is by far (imo) the worst state in the country. Beautiful land, but most of the people are raging idiots. I have been to pretty much every state in the country (aside from most of the east coast) and have yet to find people as far attached from reality as the majority of californians are.

Last edited:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
congrats!!!def keep us posted ;) very cool:)

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looked it up, apparently they pose a threat to native wildlife, as they are seen as “detrimental animals”. Im mean.....ok? I just want one as a pet lol

cedric von puffington

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on hatching them. I’ve fed them baby brine and daphnia and had good luck with both. If you get them to the size where their back legs come in be sure to separate them by size cause the biggest will start to eat the smaller ones. I haven’t bred them in about a year or so but it is both stressful and fun.

OP
OP
BullyBee

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on hatching them. I’ve fed them baby brine and daphnia and had good luck with both. If you get them to the size where their back legs come in be sure to separate them by size cause the biggest will start to eat the smaller ones. I haven’t bred them in about a year or so but it is both stressful and fun.

baby steps. I can’t fathom they will get that big.

Stressful yes. I get that. The fact they hatched and I won’t have daphnia till mid next week is terrifying.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
can you get brine shrimp eggs,can hatch in 24 hrs,18 in need for first round

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what impact they would have or how fast they breed in the wild but I am sure Floridia would have wished they banned pythons
Is that an accual problem there? And I have no idea either, especially if we were just keeping them as pets but whatever :p

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that an accual problem there? And I have no idea either, especially if we were just keeping them as pets but whatever :p

Yes, people got tired of their pet pythons and let them loose. Now they are considered an invasive species in Florida and they reportedly out-compete native species. The state pays people to cull them.

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, people got tired of their pet pythons and let them loose. Now they are considered an invasive species in Florida and they reportedly out-compete native species. The state pays people to cull them.
No kidding! Do people lack common sense? Like could they not have just donated them to near by animal shelters or reptile stores? Hell, just post them online! Pythons (in cali) are like 500 a piece maybe more if you got a nice one. People would snatch them up here no issue!

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No kidding! Do people lack common sense? Like could they not have just donated them to near by animal shelters or reptile stores? Hell, just post them online! Pythons (in cali) are like 500 a piece maybe more if you got a nice one. People would snatch them up here no issue!
You also are under the assumption that being purposefully being released is the only way it could get out... escapes do happen (especially for something as large and strong as a python). The huge lionfish problem in the Atlantic ocean is thought to have been caused by lionfish being accidentally introduced into the wild during a hurricane, and some being also released on purpose. When people make laws against the possession of exotic animals in states with sensitive ecosystems, they have to work under the assumption that there are people who are either not educated enough to know that they shouldn't release exotic animals or that it may accidentally get released (be it a storm or the animal being an escape artist), so they work under the assumption that it can and will be released at one point. They then work under that assumption to determine whether the escaped animal or other organism could potentially be harmful (carps,caulerpa, lionfish, etc.). California is probably the most extremely cautious states when it comes to this, the only state with similarly strict laws being Hawaii and Florida (to a degree), and its not hard to guess why (fragile ecosystem). Nobody wants another economic disaster like the african giant land snail, lionfish or invasive carp. Not saying that the ban on axolotl in California makes any sense though.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 of my axolotl’s eggs hatched. Last time around (they lay eggs every 6 months) it was a complete fail. This is the second time so I decided I was gonna leave everything in the tank to mimic what goes on in the wild. Once they hatched we took them out and put them in mason jars. When more hatch they will get their own little tubaware.

Now I gotta race to find daphnia because in 72 hours they are gonna be hungry.

their names are Alberto, Clarence and Robocop

5F153FFC-5832-4174-A1AE-3C64DE807790.jpeg FF72EC23-D67F-4BF6-AFE7-A413F00FA6C1.jpeg 59109928-5A08-478D-BE60-F406F2F35D3A.jpeg A6345B1B-6CC3-4A66-9082-363C919CD078.jpeg 5C806EBC-B748-42FD-B36C-A29C88335118.jpeg
Thats sick dude

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back