Azure Damsel missing! Who done it?

RedSea50Gang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends! I bought an azure damsel from my lfs two weeks ago now... he seemed happy healthy and vibrant until he went missing 3 days ago. His name was Azi and we miss him. I shifted live rock carefully and slightly looking for him, checked my overflow filter areas...looked around the ground in case he jumped to his demise and I can not find him anywhere! It is so weird. He was eating pellet and mysis fine and swimming around fine... I don’t get it. Did someone kill him? Is he dead stuck in my live rock holes and if so is there anything I can and should do???

Here is a list of who else is in my tank in case he got killed by another like a twisted underwater game of clue:

-Patrick the Sand sifting starfish(guiltiest looking, doesn’t give any f’s)
-The clown couple- Pennywise and his wife BOC(Bride of chucky)
-Drunkle the Possum wrasse(sways around slowly like that one drunk uncle but in a non threatening way- a happy drunk if you will)
-Fire shrimp who I call red rocket but has never officially been named
-Pello the Purple striped dottyback (innocent but also knows where the body is hidden if inside the live rock-refusing to talk without a lawyer present at this time)
-a gaggle of soft corals

RIP Azi... or come home soon... did Patrick eat you?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss! Is it possible that Azi had some kind of illness? It’s not impossible that the clowns or dottyback killed it, but damsels are pretty good at fighting aggression. My best guess is that Azi got sick and died, and was taken care of by the cuc.

OP
OP
RedSea50Gang

RedSea50Gang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss! Is it possible that Azi had some kind of illness? It’s not impossible that the clowns or dottyback killed it, but damsels are pretty good at fighting aggression. My best guess is that Azi got sick and died, and was taken care of by the cuc.
Definitely nothing physical that I noticed but I had him less than 2 weeks so that is entirely possible! Do you think between the starfish and the shrimp they could have completely devoured him by morning? I sware the starfish is looking a little thick lol... probably imagining things

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely nothing physical that I noticed but I had him less than 2 weeks so that is entirely possible! Do you think between the starfish and the shrimp they could have completely devoured him by morning? I sware the starfish is looking a little thick lol... probably imagining things
Possible

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back