OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you cook a meal for them?? ;Hilarious What’s in the bottom of the cup?
Lol a little bit of everything I had laying around nori decapsulated brine baby brine fish flakes copepods and one defrosted brine...and....a fruit fly that fell in

OP
OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big mama and pops

0A2010D2-B70F-450D-BF96-E5532734ABB8.jpeg 1CBEE715-0B83-44A3-A43B-F07B229A4C9C.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to get real exciting now. Has anyone ever kept babies past 4 days? Can't find anything on it that says otherwise:)
After two years Aquatic Technology figured it out

Chuck from Chucks addition looks like he made it to day 10 but is asking similar questions. What do they really eat? No one wants to give up the secret sauce recipe. Did read somewhere that you can raise them on baby brine shrimp but many will die off which suggests they are missing something some nutrient/vitamin/mineral but then again can’t brine be enriched? Who knows

0A6598F4-325C-4989-825D-87D7711C0E58.jpeg

Last edited:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After two years Aquatic Technology figured it out

Chuck from Chucks addition looks like he made it to day 10 but is asking similar questions. What do they really eat? No one wants to give up the secret sauce recipe. Did read somewhere that you can raise them on baby brine shrimp but many will die off which suggests they are missing something some nutrient/vitamin/mineral but they again can’t brine be enriched? Who knows

0A6598F4-325C-4989-825D-87D7711C0E58.jpeg
Interesting ok I didn't see that.
How about throwing everything you possibly can at them and see what helps them stick.
They have to make it.

Ive been running into the same thing in my mushroom research.
Getting useful info from successful keepers is harder than pulling teeth. At least there are studies and science to pulling teeth so you can refine it.
Certain things we are on our own.
To be pioneers:)

OP
OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this has been the longest the fry have lasted? I think the last batch of fry most died off the morning of the third day and only one was left when I left for work that night and was gone when I returned? Lol @fishguy242 @najer I don’t even want to go back and read my own posts

OP
OP
Thespammailaccount

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting ok I didn't see that.
How about throwing everything you possibly can at them and see what helps them stick.
They have to make it.
Adding some of everything I got lol even left the fruit fly the fell in the sieve.

Stopped by a LFS on my way home from work and someone suggested toss some starfish in the blender or add egg yokes?
Did read that prior to settlement they were eating extremely large quantities of parvo pods which I had at the last hatch but think the tank was too small. Only really working with baby brine shrimp this round and some algae

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding some of everything I got lol even left the fruit fly the fell in the sieve.

Stopped by a LFS on my way home from work and someone suggested toss some starfish in the blender or add egg yokes?
Did read that prior to settlement they were eating extremely large quantities of parvo pods which I had at the last hatch but think the tank was too small. Only really working with baby brine shrimp this round and some algae
If your not talking about the eggs I like over easy then yes id try it. Why not? What do you have to lose blending it up and putting a tiny dab in there to see what happens? Even if it's a side experiment. Maybe from the start
Dabs can sometimes be a good thing.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 82 47.1%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.7%
Back